Dankestshrek

DankestShrek (Aff) Vs. NativeWarlock (Neg) China Vdebate

CX:

whats dysonian SETI?

Why does a teddy bear matter as much as a human life?

How does the AFF solve terraforming? ie dont we know rocks on Mars exist, but Lee still indicates we want to destroy them?

Why would we be respectful in outer space if we do bad shit on earth towards objects?

What's abiotic life? and how do we know when we're violent towards it?

Why does it matter if humans know post-singularity aliens exist in outer space?

Will you defend evolution and the big bang?

• Upvote 1

CX:

whats dysonian SETI?

Dysonian Seti is a set of codes we would send china that expands the horizon of their seti program

What makes human life worth more then a teddy bear? like why should we exclude teddy bears from impact calculus, and what makes a human life worth so much?

How does the AFF solve terraforming? ie dont we know rocks on Mars exist, but Lee still indicates we want to destroy them?

if we expand our horizons of what "life" is, that means we would value abiotic objects as much as "life". that means we wouldn't go transforming mars because we would care about the rocks on mars.

Why would we be respectful in outer space if we do bad shit on earth towards objects?

because in the squo we don't value all objects as equal, after dysonian seti all objects including rocks, would have equal value

abiotic life would be things like rocks, and other non "living" objects, I'd probably argue this point is corrolationist in nature because to answer it I would have to understand what it means to be a chair

It would cause us to re-orientate our perspectives within the universe, thats how we solve

Idk why this matters, or how it has anything to do with the ac, but evolution is the process in whitch living objects change over generations, to slowly change into more "desirable" traits that allow the organism over thousands of generations to reproduce in a more effective way. And the big bang was the beginning of the universe or atlest how we think the unvicerse started billions of years ago, all matter was in a singular point, then all at once it started to expand.

CX:

whats dysonian SETI?

Dysonian Seti is a set of codes we would send china that expands the horizon of their seti program

What makes human life worth more then a teddy bear? like why should we exclude teddy bears from impact calculus, and what makes a human life worth so much?

if we expand our horizons of what "life" is, that means we would value abiotic objects as much as "life". that means we wouldn't go transforming mars because we would care about the rocks on mars.

Okay but how does the AFF's policy make NASA actually care about objects? Like we know that Mars has THINGS on it now, but we're still trying to do shit to it- in other words why wouldn't we just exploit it lol

because in the squo we don't value all objects as equal, after dysonian seti all objects including rocks, would have equal value

abiotic life would be things like rocks, and other non "living" objects, I'd probably argue this point is corrolationist in nature because to answer it I would have to understand what it means to be a chair

The 1AC already assumes the subject position of a rock as per the Lee evidence, ie you say it doesn't want to be terraformed and you make ethics and impact claims- why isn't that correlationist?

It would cause us to re-orientate our perspectives within the universe, thats how we solve

Why isn't simplifying alien species to biological signifiers on a telescope a form of humanism?

Idk why this matters, or how it has anything to do with the ac, but evolution is the process in whitch living objects change over generations, to slowly change into more "desirable" traits that allow the organism over thousands of generations to reproduce in a more effective way. And the big bang was the beginning of the universe or atlest how we think the unvicerse started billions of years ago, all matter was in a singular point, then all at once it started to expand.

CX:

whats dysonian SETI?

Okay but how does the AFF's policy make NASA actually care about objects? Like we know that Mars has THINGS on it now, but we're still trying to do shit to it- in other words why wouldn't we just exploit it lol

because we define it as life, i.e. Dysonian SETI, the seti implies that we would care about it, its about discorce and how we phrase the existence of objects. We wouldnt exploit mars because the ET in seti, would mean we start to care about the objects.

The 1AC already assumes the subject position of a rock as per the Lee evidence, ie you say it doesn't want to be terraformed and you make ethics and impact claims- why isn't that correlationist?

thats what we are kritiking, we kritik that like objects on different levels have different values, the Lee evidance is just talking about how we would go out and terriform planets in the shape of the earth destroying all life (abiotic, post-biotic, or post singularity). means that we arn't correlationist

Why isn't simplifying alien species to biological signifiers on a telescope a form of humanism?

we dont simplify them, they can be biological or abiological, or whatever they are. we need to look at them so that future generations don't go out and kill them.

Okay here's 1NC- its like 1945- dankestshrek, you cool with 2500/1500 word counts?

It's 4 OFF THEN CASE.

cx whenever

EDIT: noticed 1nc 6 mightve shrunk lol, i'll edit it later if its wonky

1NC drekestshrek.docx

Edited by NativeWarlock
  • Upvote 1

Thx m8

anytime. i guess it's a bit late for paradigms but why not. I'm an LDer so impact framing is a big deal for me, make sure you make it clear how I'mma weigh the (!) flow as I do default to that, assuming no metadebate comes up. I default to weighing aff v neg impacts from a util calculus but that can change as long as you justify why you (!) take precedence.

on the topic of metadebate, don't just say "oh their fw args are a new link to what we k so the k precedes fw" like I'll accept it but I'm gonna hold you to a really high standard on it as I spent most of my time in CX as a mostly fw/theory debater. However, I'm also gonna hold you to a really high standard on fw as well because of that. You can do the whole "fw is a new link" ala Foucault but I also think you should engage fw directly as well.

T's a voter, but I'm gonna hold you to a really high standard on it, same as fw.

I'm not gonna vote on a Language K so don't even try it.

And lastly, to win an arg you have to win EVERY part of it. that means UQ, L, IL, and ! for DAs, NetBen, (S), and Mutual Exc. for CPs, L, IL, !, Alt (S), and Mut.Exc for Ks, and Inh, Harms, T, and (S) for the aff.