Jullianv1

Security K construction

I want to construct my first Kritik 100% from my own cuts and whatnot. Does anyone know anything good authors/sources to start on the construction of a security kritk (AC portrays china as more of a threat than it realistically is in order to justify almost limitless action + need to reevaluate how we understand politics and threats to prevent actual actual escalation).

Do I have a proper conception of the kritik?

Also- I have heard that Zizek is a fun/interesting kritik to make- would this 1) Be easier and 2) be more competitive as a K? 

Zizek is really fun, but not as competitive, but you can use him on multiple Ks like cap etc. As for the Security K there are a ton of authors you can look into such as Foucault for biopower and stuff I would say go onto the NDCA and look at the evidence there either copy the links and cut the cards for yourself or just find the authors look at PDFs of their books etc. You have a good grasp of the K I just don't know how easy it'll be to cut specific links to every aff etc. hmu at grant.knepper1@gmail.com if you want more info or if you wanna look at my K file for a trade or whatever

On Security by Ronnie Lipshutz (I just answered this on another thread, probably the K thread so you'll have to get the exact author name and link to Amazon from there)

This is pretty much where the critique originated in terms of debate.  Its the basis of both Enemy Construction/Threat Construction and Environmental Securitization.

Zizek is really fun, but not as competitive, but you can use him on multiple Ks like cap etc. As for the Security K there are a ton of authors you can look into such as Foucault for bio-power and stuff I would say go onto the NDCA and look at the evidence there either copy the links and cut the cards for yourself or just find the authors look at PDFs of their books etc. You have a good grasp of the K I just don't know how easy it'll be to cut specific links to every aff etc. hmu at grant.knepper1@gmail.com if you want more info or if you wanna look at my K file for a trade or whatever

What is the alternative for the security K and is the michigan one any good thats in all of open evidence, or the pan K??