CongressisbetterthanCX

Easy, Good, Novice Args

Does anyone know of any easy to read, but basically foolproof Aff or Neg cases that a novice who can't spread can read? Cause that would help immensely.

Try a core of the topic affirmative like the BIT aff (best version produced at HSS), AIIB aff (best version produced at the UMich Camp), climate coop aff (UMich version). Any of these 3 would make your life easier, as you don't have to cut many more cards and you can also probably easy find 2AC blocks to common args in these files.

I recommend anything unconditional with solid advantages that everyone understands. The ones suggested above like BIT sound fine. But nothing replaces good debating. Make sure they read the original articles from which their cards are cut and know how to leverage the Aff strategically.

The novices at my school are achieving success running the pan k (fairly simple) and the japan DA on neg. As a T they run QPQ.

Easy affs can be some type of space aff.- All of these can be found on Open evidence

They be running Ks already? What does that say about Oklahoma...

Very Good Neg Strategies:

Japan DA (Michigan 7 has a really good file)      - they synopsis of this argument would be that engagement between the U.S. and China will lead to Japanese insecurity with the U.S. causing nuclear proliferation which can lead to the impact of miscalculation or just plain out extinction.

Topicality(any camp file) - although topicality may be a hard off-case argument to start with, it is great because it is a "no Risk " argument which means that there is no way that the negative can lose on it. The premise of the argument would be that the affirmative does not follow the boundaries of the resolution and therefore must be voted down.

Elections DA(any camp file) - although the time is getting close, the ellection Da is always a good way to go for novice teams. The premise of the argument talk (with much variety) that the plan's action with China causes a unpopularity in either the republican or democratic party that intern causes Donald Trump or Hillary to win that inevitable leads to extinction as well.

Lastly, if you are really feeling it I would suggest the Cap or Capitalism Kritik - One of the most popular and effective as well as one of the easiest kritiks to run without the need of spreading, can be very effective as it criticizes the horrors of this economic system and how we have to switch or change ourselves to be come communist(in the jist)

Affirmatives for novices

I would in general recommend a good policy affirmative that upholds a plan text and strong traditional impacts. Here are some of the strongest affirmatives that I have seen this year.

1st MES- or Market Economy Status - this affirmative grants market economy status to china(mainly involving steel or other imports) that allow it to trade in the global arena. It runs off of the general fear of china and threat construction and has big stick impacts like extinction. Can be very effective if run well to my experience.

2nd SPACE - This affirmative of course involves the development of space with China, of course as we all know China has been banned to work with the U.S. in any sort of space development and is proven to be very bad for both countries. Most of these affirmatives work to annul the plan which allows in space engagement. Being a generally strong affirmative, it does have a weak point in topicality as resnick (one of the famous topicality authors) says that space engagement is not considered to be diplomatic engagement, which means this affirmative can lose on topicality if weakly defended. All in all a good affirmative.

3rd - BIT - or Bilateral Investment Treaty, this probably mentioned above is a good affirmative as well in that it has both parties engaging inside one another which allows for long standing engagement. This affirmative this year is also really open to many advantages which can prove to be beneficial in any scenario. Good strong affirmative too!!

if you have any questions about this, reply or PM if private

Hope this helped --- Upvote for a Homie

Just wondering, which T file says that space engagement is not diplomatic engagement? Because a lot of people are running space affs in my area.

Just wondering, which T file says that space engagement is not diplomatic engagement? Because a lot of people are running space affs in my area.

um i think the umich file has one, make sure to look at the updated version and the original version! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Uh oh... T must be qpq is out to getcha ;)

What affs would yall consider to be unconditional I feel as if there is an argument that you could make that says otherwise for any case...

India Disad is what I go with for lay judges because they think india is more compelling but japan rearm is a concept that if you put time in a novice can explain