TheSnowball

China Vdebate -- Rnivium [a] vs. vmanAA738 [n]

I vote negative. I think the aff doesnt meet and there are several impacts to that including unpredictable, tiny affs that explode the research burden, dont have ground, and obfuscate the meaning of engagement. I evaluate the plan text in a vacuum, because while that is new 2nr framing, its 1. my default as a judge, 2. the only framing ive been given, and 3. its been the nature of the violation throughout the debate. The affirmative does perhaps have negotiations happen, but the plan text still has the US agree to a seta regardless. reasonability is kinda weird in the 2ar because there isnt a counter interp, and all reasonability is is a framing mechanism that says "our counterinterp solves a reasonable portion of their offence", and you have no interp to solve any offence. No voters is a silly argument, every time theyre telling me why their interp is better is an implication of voting aff. 

• Upvote 2

Questions: 

what do you think of the 1nc/block strat against the aff?

how could i have squeezed case into the block? i kinda had no idea where to put it so i just didnt have case

Questions: 

what do you think of the 1nc/block strat against the aff?

how could i have squeezed case into the block? i kinda had no idea where to put it so i just didnt have case

yeah i like this strat, its all stuff that could be a decent 2nr vs this aff and has lots of options 

i think you could have either gone for the DA instead of the CP and case instead of the K, that would have given you enough time to also go for t increase too probably. or you could have just gone for case instead of the CP, i dont love the cp i think its kinda sketchy in terms of only being able to have one opf these every 4 years but also solving right now, you might be right that thats totally a thing that could happen, but it seems kinda contrived. But i think the block strategy was fine, and the 2nr was definitely the right choice

• Upvote 1