OneOffNoCase

Need Necropolitics K

would you mind actually explaining necropolitics? I see it being run a lot 

and also, would you by any chance know what psychoanalysis is? Ive heard of it but I'm more policy oriented trying to get into kritik's

Edited by nasheem
  • Upvote 1

would you mind actually explaining necropolitics? I see it being run a lot 

and also, would you by any chance know what psychoanalysis is? Ive heard of it but I'm more policy oriented trying to get into kritik's

Necropolitics is kind of saying that having the state control how to fix the lives of people allows it to define zones of exclusion and inclusion. Meaning the state is still the ultimate guarantor that defines when and where one is allowed to die. I think thats kind of the thesis claim I'm still reading up on it from Mbembe and Negarestani so I don't know too much.

Psychoanalysis can't really be set down into a singular definition as people run it differently. But it kind of says the things we do in debate are simply a fantasy that we engage to create joy but not true change because we like pretending we have power through things like roleplaying. Instead we should seek to understand our desire and repress it so we can engage with the real in a better fashion. (Again I think not really a big psych debater) 

If you're looking for a more postcolonial take on the concept, I would check out the original essay by Mbembe.  It's a bit of a read but is pretty essential to running the argument well.  You should also become familiar with Agamben's interpretation of biopower, as being able to articulate this makes articulating necropolitics as a form oppression much easier.  If you're looking to specify your argument, many other authors have written expanding upon Mbembe's original thesis.  For example, Jin Haritaworn has Queer Necropolitics, a key text if you're going down that route.

Not sure if this was what you were specifically looking for, but I hope it helps

Don't really know what you mean by "Necropolitics K" but the UTNIF released a neo-liberalism/ security/ globalization kritik that gets pretty deep into necropolitics as an impact/ alternative.

Don't really know what you mean by "Necropolitics K" but the UTNIF released a neo-liberalism/ security/ globalization kritik that gets pretty deep into necropolitics as an impact/ alternative.

UTNIF hasn't released their files on Openevidence

• Upvote 1

I would be willing to trade the necropolitics K to anyone in return for vampirism/charity cannibalism with in depth backfile

i got you m8 just pm me