CondoK

K affs

To be honest it depends on the aff.

Some affs are built to answer another k better than t so you run t on that aff and also the other way around. Some affs are around a certain subject such as pyshco analysis or queer theory then you would run a specific k against it. Like I said above it it depends on the aff. But usually running T is pretty good.

Don't have a generic "K AFF strat" that you always read, just like I hope you don't have a generic "policy aff strat." 

• Upvote 1

https://www.cross-x.com/topic/60476-k-of-the-topic-affs/

"To answer a K aff, there are a few things you can do. The A-strat I have seen/heard of a lot of teams doing, is FW and a counter advocacy. For instance, say you're hitting an afropessimism aff. A very viable strategy is FW, cap, and case args. This gives you either the options for a K 2NR, or a policy 2NR. The K should be used to not only act as offense, but also to solve the aff; there is a lot of Marxist literature that says that we are discriminated more by economic differences than by other social hierarchies, meaning you can solve the root of the aff, or at least solve the aff impacts better than the aff. It doesn't necessarily have to be more "lefty", but it should be able to solve part of the aff.

However, there are things you shouldn't do. For instance, hitting an afropessimism aff and reading anthro - The affirmative will likely just extrapolate another link out of this, because 1) Animals don't undergo the same kinds of oppression black bodies go through, and 2) Focusing on animals distracts from the oppression that black bodies go through."

One of my earlier posts. We compete in KS lol, so don't expect too many K affs, but rumor has it that Hutch has a few.

• Upvote 1

PICS can be great against K affs. Think of unique ones with cool nb, but that are still legit. 

K's are always good, just know yours better than they know their aff.

T is good to check totally un-T affs. Win a TVA and you'll be good to go

Impact turn the K

or

K the K.  Its often a K of value or a PIK of their advocacy based on representations.  Or capitalism.

or

Framework.  You must use the state.  Reps focus = illegit.

The challenge if you often have to get something that speaks in the language of otherization or -isms.