JeanLucPicard

answering framework as a k aff

so I recently had my first round as a k aff where the neg went for FW in the 2NR. reasonably i died. what strategy should i go for against framework especially since-- let's be real-- i'm untopical?

If they brought up FW in the 2NR you should automatically spend the entire 2AR calling abuse on bringing up new arguments that late into the round.

I think Jean means that they narrowed down to Framework in the 2 NR, not that they brought up a new Framework in the 2 NR

Well I haven't had too much experience with K-aff framework debate, however you should generally have a counter-interpretation, reasons why your framework is better, etc.

I'm sure someone else will go more in-depth on this topic, but some judges have varying ideas on how framework should be answered so you should definitely go to the judge philosophies website and search "answering framework".

Probs a better spot to find answers:

https://www.cross-x.com/topic/54245-framework/ 

If you pm me later on in the day I will be able to go further into detail and actually explain things, after 5, because school and all.

One thing I will tell you to note is that you need to understand the k aff extremely well, once you understand how each card functions, the thesis, etc. you will be able to cross apply case cards to attack framework, and you'll develop little k cheats. For example I have a Spanos card that basically calls their framework racist. Another example is the Bataille K Aff, where it essentially destroys framework, since framework tries to make the debate space productive, and productivity bad.

If you tell me what the K Aff is I shall be able to help more...

• Upvote 1

answering FW depends on your aff. there are some general things that teams say but its better if its specific to your aff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I guess it would be more helpful to know what the aff is... there are some resolution specific answers talking about how "resolved" means to prompt an action to change the state of mind or how "should" denotes a moral/ethical obligation. Besides that, maybe you could talk about something like topic specific education? The aff (probably) allows for a discussion of information at the heart of the topic- that's key to topic specific education (for example- we need to talk about orientalism before we can propose policy options).

With this comes the incorporation of arguments like critiques in general are good, epistemological focus is a prereq, and ontological focus is a prereq. You could probably talk about how state focus is bad too... although that might be a little risky for T. 

PM me for more... hope this helped!

• Upvote 1

Generic answers about how Ks are good for education and policymaking (otherwise serial policy failure).

Then specifically talk about your Aff and your specific role of the ballot/weighing mechanism for the round. Leverage 1AC cards as proof that Aff is

the necessary prerequisite to any other policy.

Edited by StreenaSkywalker

Definitely depends on the aff. You can either go the soft-ish, counter-interp that solves a portion of your offense, or just impact turn every standard/internal link/impact claim they make. 

• Upvote 1