Jullianv1

need a good alt card

My alt is essentially an argument that the opponent is engaging in a bad act, and we need to do "X," I know its pretty straightforward, but I know people who add more nuance to this form of a K. Ive heard of justifications for why it needs to start in round, or maybe some ROB argument.

Anyone have any ideas or braod cards that go with this type of alt?

You need more context as to what your K is. Engaging in capitalism is arguably bad, but it requires a different alternative than, say, combatting anti-queerness. There is likely no broad, "reject all bad things" alt you can slap at the end of your K, and if there is, it will probably be really, really bad.

You need more context as to what your K is. Engaging in capitalism is arguably bad, but it requires a different alternative than, say, combatting anti-queerness. There is likely no broad, "reject all bad things" alt you can slap at the end of your K, and if there is, it will probably be really, really bad.

The K is a like a method kritik. I'm not looking for a card that discusses the content of the K, but rather why the judge should vote on a K in general to "set a standard." 

My K is essentially (not exactly) that the opponent should cite their evidence a certain way for example. I want some kind of card that tells the judge that they MUST vote on the K to set a standard in the debate community. Like some alt or ROB card I think

Tbh, that sounds like a poor argument. "Precedent Setting" is such an old and novicey argument unless you make some UQ claim about that specific round setting a precedent, or having a larger influence on the debate community. (Wake rounds, TOC Finals, etc.)

This card just says that breaking up common sense norms at our age is key, but its in relation to Deleuze and Guattari. Not a great card really, just another card I cut for zero reason while reading the book..

Voting negative affirms a different type of thought that breaks up established norms – a young age is critical to everything

Ballantyne 2007 (Andrew, Tectonic Cultures Research Group at Newcastle University , "Deleuze and Guattari for Architects" 18-19)

The text has a certain notoriety. ‘Félix thinks our book is addressed to people who are now between the ages of seven and fifteen.’ said Deleuze, ‘Ideally so, because the fact is the book is still too difficult, too cultivated, and makes too many compromises. We weren’t able to make it clearer and more direct. However, I’ll just point out that the first chapter, which many favourable readers have said is too difficult, does not require any prior knowledge’ (Deleuze, 2002, 220). In saying this, Guattari rightly points out that the book’s reception requires that it reaches people at an impressionable age. It absolutely requires that readers’ established common-sense patterns of thought are disrupted, and if we are to find that stimulating rather than merely annoying then we need to be receptive to the idea that the book is opening up a world that we are eager to know about, and not simply be appalled by it, which is more likely to be 1 2 3 4 5 6 711 8 9 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 30 1 2 3 4 511 18 MACHINES characteristic of a teenager than an old buffer. Nevertheless, as is evident in the passage quoted above, it is clear that in addition to the text needing ‘parental advisory’ warnings, it is dense with allusions. The solar anus is a reference to a surreal declamatory text by Georges Bataille. It is a glancing allusion, and even after reading Bataille’s text it is not too clear why the allusion would have been made. Perhaps the text was ‘in the air’ at the time, or perhaps because Deleuze and Guattari had been reading Bataille – as they had, because more serious use