crazily enough i was already thinking about camp next year cuz im obsessed with this debate shyt... haven't heard much about berkeley/gonzaga, opinions? I know berkeley is an extra elite university so I would expect good things. Also someone told me Northwestern/wake are the 2 top ones as of rn.. agreements? disagreements? of course michigan 7 is great and ive heard mixed stuff on georgetown

sorry to post this so early but yea

Edited by G4ng1nth1s

crazily enough i was already thinking about camp next year cuz im obsessed with this debate shyt... haven't heard much about berkeley/gonzaga, opinions? I know berkeley is an extra elite university so I would expect good things. Also someone told me Northwestern/wake are the 2 top ones as of rn.. agreements? disagreements? of course michigan 7 is great and ive heard mixed stuff on georgetown

• Upvote 2

tier 1 - michigan 7 week, hss 7 week

tier 2 - ndi 6 week

tier 3 - wake, ddi, berkeley

everything else

i mean , UTNIF was really good 

UTNIF definitely a top tier camp especially if you compare the price to other camps

Edited by longhornsdp
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UTNIF definitely tier one especially if you compare the price to other camps

While UTNIF is fantastic for its price, it does not compare to Michigan 7 or HSS 7, both of which produced the teams in the finals rounds of the TOC last year. (not to say it was solely because of those camps because all debaters competing at that level have extraordinary talent).

• Upvote 1

I don't know much about the other camps listed but for me HSS was amazing. From the lectures, practice debates, trips, and all around feel of both MSU and Georgetown, it is just a well run camp and great experience. I would recommend if you can go, you should. I intend to go back again next summer.

Edited by PNdebaterRD
  • Upvote 1

Michigan 7 is fire cause it has good staff and it also has good campers to so good competitions because of all of the really good policy teams that there are in the region. But UTNIF skills and UTNIF survivors are also good because of some solid teams down here and staff there. 

• Upvote 1

pretty sure it is... top 20 nationally but I'm pretty sure it was like top 10 at one point

It's a really good school, I'm not denying that; but to say that it is extra elite is egregious 

Edit: I mean to say that it is not elite in the sense that the atmosphere there is not one that produces that type of elitist sensation; although it could be argued that the type of Berkeley Liberalism that is fostered there is a form of elitism, it would be in the cultural sense and not relational to power dynamics 

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine
  • Upvote 1

Best camps:

Michigan 7 (a bit more K)

HSS and DDI (more policy)

Northwestern and Wake are rising too, from what I know.