Jullianv1

How to get around the BIT?

So, I want to make an economic aff that argues we need to increase and reform our current business plan with China. However, the BIT essentially does this anyways- and its supposed to be "in thew works/close to passing." Is there any way aorund this? Maybe my aff extends the bit? Encourages the bit? reforms the bit?

• Upvote 1

Not sure if the current aff you have in mind will work for the whole year but maybe you should write one around the bit and then run with it until inherency doesn't work

Not sure if the current aff you have in mind will work for the whole year but maybe you should write one around the bit and then run with it until inherency doesn't work

But all signs point to it passing?

ya that seems to be the biggest problem with BIT rn, but I've seen affs with BIT in the plan text that are definitely inherent

Waru reads one about passing a completely new BIT to remove all tariffs on solar panels which is like...... okay i guess but honestly gave me cancer.

An IP advantage is considerably good, except theres a hot medicine turn on it that says increased IP regulations = less pharm development

also you can garner the inherency if you do something that remove the state-investor conflict bc that seems to be the biggest issue the BIT thats underwy rn

• Upvote 1