G4ng1nth1s

AT: Weigh aff against impacts of K

How do you answer framework for weighing the aff against the K, like if you're neg? Or do you just concede and read util bad or something? Sorry, I'm just now learning how to run Ks, my circuit is dominated by policy.

• Upvote 1

Just read your framework for the k and show how their framework is bad for the debate/why yours is better. As to conceding to their framework, one judge told me that frameworks like that don't say what the negative should do so you could just point that out and it could be another reason as to why yours is better 

• Upvote 1

Well, it depends on the K. 

If you read things with in round impacts (ie, allowing cap in debate makes us all filthy capitalists), then you should have a reason why we should prefer real world impacts, and not things that only happen in the world of fiated government action. The judge doesn't create actual change by voting aff, they can endorse the alternative without fiat. 

If its impacts external to the round, root cause args are cool, plus a onto/epistemology first arg.

• Upvote 1

1. Prove that somehow the plan and the K are connected, and that if you don't vote for the K it makes the impacts of the aff worse

2. You can kick the alt and run a non-comparative K (last resort)

3. Explain that if the judge votes for the K, it will become a widely accepted policy action, thus in the future plans that fall under the wrong paradigm will not be passed, thus stopping the premise.

• Upvote 1