osahoniyamu

K affs?

So I'm entering in my 3rd year in debate this year at a new school and I'm starting to look at some lit for the China topic this year and My question: Are there any K aff (or good affs if there aren't any good K affs) I can read for this year's resolution besides Model Minority Ks and such. I don't know how I'd be able to run any K topics without linking to arguments like the "Speaking for Others K." (I'm black). Any ideas? I'm down on cutting my own if there are none online where I can get cards from

• Upvote 1

Michigan put out some cool K Affs for this year that encompass a wide variety of critical theories. They could be used for preliminary research that you could base your aff on.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

I meant to upvote that to counter the downvote but I accidentally downvoted it too. Sorry.

Michigan put out some cool K Affs for this year that encompass a wide variety of critical theories. They could be used for preliminary research that you could base your aff on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I meant to upvote that to counter the downvote but I accidentally downvoted it too. Sorry.

same lol
  • Upvote 1

If you plan on doing that you should probably recut the cards because they are usually poorly cut.

upvoted for funny joke!! 

• Upvote 6

If you remember the war on the resolution thing from latin America, a variation of that could work

could u link it please?

lol the baudrillard and psychoanalysis file are like half of Joe and Will's cards so.. they're p good

more Mich KM files proliferating amongst high school kids who don't know how to use them is great!!

also this is about aff files friend, and the k affs put out by mich this year were not particularly stellar

Edited by CapitalismIsNotCool
  • Upvote 2

lol the baudrillard and psychoanalysis file are like half of Joe and Will's cards so.. they're p good

The Baudrillard file on open evidence is 80% analytics from some college debater who read up, plus a few cards supporting the meaningless-ness of the Aff :P

more Mich KM files proliferating amongst high school kids who don't know how to use them is great!!

also this is about aff files friend, and the k affs put out by mich this year were not particularly stellar

Fair and you're defs correct about affs. The K Lab was mostly lectures and skills, not a lot of emphasis on cutting good ev.

The Baudrillard file on open evidence is 80% analytics from some college debater who read up, plus a few cards supporting the meaningless-ness of the Aff :P

equating Mich KM with "Some college debaters who read up" is quite humorous.

• Upvote 1