G4ng1nth1s

genocide o/w cards

yo im trynna write a new aff w/ genocide impacts... I've heard of some cards but they're all old and i can't seem to find them, anyone have some genocide o/w cards?

Thanks in advance

Genocide outweighs what? Everything? Extinction? War?

I mean everything would be good lol but extinction works.. I'm not looking for something to say that the death counts of genocide o/w extinction like that Abu-Jamal Card, just like suffering/systemic violence of genocide o/w death or something.. u know what I'm saying?

Maybe I'm dumb and a card like that doesn't exist....

Here's the card I think that Raj is talking about

Genocide = Extinction
Kenneth J. Campbell, assistant professor of political science and international relations at the University of Delaware, 2001, Genocide and the Global Village, p. 15-16
Regardless of where or on how small a scale it begins, the crime of genocide is the complete ideological repudiation of, and a direct murderous assault upon, the prevailing liberal international order. Genocide is fundamentally incompatible with, and destructive of an open, tolerant, democratic, free market international order. As genocide scholar Herbert Hirsch has explained: The unwillingness of the world community to take action to end genocide and political massacres is not only immoral but also impractical. [W]ithout some semblance of stability, commerce, travel, and the international and intranational interchange of goods and information are subjected to severe disruptions. Where genocide is permitted to proliferate, the liberal international order cannot long survive. No group will be safe; every group will wonder when they will be next. Left unchecked, genocide threatens to destroy whatever security, democracy, and prosperity exists in the present international system. As Roger Smith notes: Even the most powerful nations—those armed with nuclear weapons—may end up in struggles that will lead (accidentally, intentionally, insanely) to the ultimate genocide in which they destroy not only each other, but [humankind] mankind itself, sewing the fate of the earth forever with a final genocidal effort. In this sense, genocide is a grave threat to the very fabric of the international system and must be stopped, even at some risk to lives and treasure. The preservation and growth of the present liberal international order is a vital interest for all of its members—states as well as non-states—whether or not those members recognize and accept the reality of that objective interest. Nation states, as the principal members of the present international order, are the only authoritative holders of violent enforcement powers. Non-state actors, though increasing in power relative to states, still do not possess the military force, or the democratic authority to use military force, which is necessary to stop determined perpetrators of mass murder. Consequently, nation-states have a special responsibility to prevent, suppress, and punish all malicious assaults on the fundamental integrity of the prevailing international order. 

• Upvote 3