stephaniRhodes

Some clarification..

Just a few quick questions, thanks!

What is switch side debate theory?

What are intrinsic perms?

Are severence perms basically the aff only takes parts of the aff and parts of the cp to make a perm? if so isn't that pretty abusive

What are agent CP's?

What are consult CP's? 

I'm sorry there are so many questions but I've just started to get really into theory. 

~~Thank you for any questions you can answer!!!

Edited by stephaniRhodes

The idea that you should have to switch side in debate based on being affirmative or negative IE aff has to defend surveillance should be curtailed neg has to defend it shouldn't.

What are agent CP's?

The CP being done by another actor IE have the courts curtail surveillance or have the prez do it with an executive order.

What are consult CP's? 

Consult someone before doing the plan IE consult someone in the DOD before curtailing surveillance.

I'm sorry there are so many questions but I've just started to get really into theory. 

• Upvote 3

The idea that you should have to switch side in debate based on being affirmative or negative IE aff has to defend surveillance should be curtailed neg has to defend it shouldn't.

What are agent CP's?

The CP being done by another actor IE have the courts curtail surveillance or have the prez do it with an executive order.

What are consult CP's? 

Consult someone before doing the plan IE consult someone in the DOD before curtailing surveillance.

Thanks much!! I think I understand severence perms too after looking around, just not intrinsic

What are intrinsic perms?

An intrinsic Perm is basically Doing the plan, part or all of the counterplan, and something else.

• Upvote 1

Are severence perms basically the aff only takes parts of the aff and parts of the cp to make a perm? if so isn't that pretty abusive

Yes, although often they include the entirety of the CP; their defining feature is that they "sever" part of the aff.  And yes, they are almost universally considered abusive and illegitimate. If the neg proves an aff perm is a severance perm, that perm almost always becomes invalid.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed you said that you already understood them. Whoops. Hopefully this is still somewhat helpful?

Edited by Nodulux