Keagan

UTNIF SKILLS QUESTIONS

Hello Debaters,

I am going to be attending the UTNIF SKILLS camp and was informed about the questions that the lab leaders and judges ask you other than the diagnostic debate that play a role in lab positioning . 

If anyone can help me by listing the questions they asked last year or anything that they heard is being asked this year will be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows the general types of evaluation questions that are asked and how the diagnostic debates work will be also appreciated.

Thank you!

Also, please up-vote this thread so more people can see it and answer if they know!!!

Edited by Keagan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I could be wrong as I have never gone to UNTIF but it would seem that answering these questions honestly without outside help is going to be your best option so they place you in a lab of appropriate skill where you learn the most, you wouldn't want to be in a lab with people who have never done debate becuase it would be about things you already know so you probably don't want to be in a lab where everything is going over your head. Again, I could be wrong as I have not gone to UNTIF but just something to keep in mind.

• Upvote 3

dont worry about it so much, you will be okay. your debating will be the most important determinant for the judge. but one of my debaters was asked about perms, just simple stuff. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permutation_(policy_debate) read that if you really dont know about perms, answering a simple question wont have a substantial sway on which lab you get placed in. plus (assuming that TWHS is the woodlands) ask george

EDIT: dont waste your time worrying about a question, just focus on getting better as a debater hollistically

Edited by Swanklord

Hello Debaters,

I am going to be attending the UTNIF SKILLS camp and was informed about the questions that the lab leaders and judges ask you other than the diagnostic debate that play a role in lab positioning . 

If anyone can help me by listing the questions they asked last year or anything that they heard is being asked this year will be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows the general types of evaluation questions that are asked and how the diagnostic debates work will be also appreciated.

Thank you!

Also, please up-vote this thread so more people can see it and answer if they know!!!

or Cancel

This has been stressed countless times in other threads, but I'll say it again: All of the labs at UTNIF are excellent, and being placed in Mid Lab or Bot Lab doesn't affect your experience and/or learning. You will almost definitely be placed in the lab you deserve and will be best suited for as a debater. 

Honestly, if I had been put in Top Lab last year, I would have done terribly and been easily overwhelmed...

You shouldn't worry to much about the questions, just focus on prepping for the debate and camp as a whole.

On a side note (that I should probably post in another thread): Does anyone have the session 1 GRIPEs Files? That would be great if anyone could post them :D

Edited by LeKritiker
  • Upvote 2