Yes.

I would just read one in the 1NC for efficiency, but you could explain the different ways the plan links in the block, or read new cards. Only do so if you need to, though, because if they don't answer the 1NC link you don't need to give them something new they could turn.

• Upvote 1

Yes.

I would just read one in the 1NC for efficiency, but you could explain the different ways the plan links in the block, or read new cards. Only do so if you need to, though, because if they don't answer the 1NC link you don't need to give them something new they could turn.

thanks for the prompt response. but wouldnt it be better for you to have like 2 links in the 1nc so that the aff has to respond to both of them leaving them less time to attack them fully as well as your other off case arguments?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

thanks for the prompt response. but wouldnt it be better for you to have like 2 links in the 1nc so that the aff has to respond to both of them leaving them less time to attack them fully as well as your other off case arguments?

Any extra time they have to spend answering it is also time you have to spend reading it.

• Upvote 1

i agree with rnivium-- putting more than one link in the 1nc is okay, but it saps time for other args you can read.

it's a better idea to put several links (if needed) in the 2nc (called a link wall) so that the 1ar has to deal with them. 

• Upvote 2

so that the 1ar has to deal with them. 

Aye, the name of the game in the 1nc is to give you enough in the block to eventually win you the round. Debates are won and lost in the 1ar, reading the links all upfront in the 1nc makes it harder to generate offensive ways to beat the 1ar in the block. The time tradeoff that you're doing for the 1nc/2ar isn't really doing you any good, because they still have an eight minute speech, plus they can play catch-up in the 1ar; reading those links (say three of them) in the block means that the 1ar is having to make some massive tradeoffs elsewhere.

1NC is to give you as many options is possible.

Block is to win whatever option you pick (IE you pick one DA and crush them on it).

2NR is to tell the judge why you won.

The general idea is that you want to spread the aff out in the 2ac, if you read multiple links on one offf case position it means that they could moot both those links by going for a place where they overlap in the internal link chain or by going after the impact.

• Upvote 1

You should not be reading disads, kritiks like Baudrillard offer much more strategic value. Go for death good once and you'll never go back. Its like going black, but with post modernist theory. Trust me, I win all my neg rounds. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

One does not simply have more than one link.

UNLESS, you have achieved 750 NSDA points, if not and you attempt the judge will look you up and automatically vote you down.

If that "Academic All-American" Award is still a thing you need that too otherwise the judge will vote you "Failure at life" and give you a 20