ConsultAndromedaCouncil

vdebate China- consult andromeda council(A) v Baedrillard

CX - 

Is the space elevator built as a result of the AFF?

Yongchun evidence says cooperation is good but why is it key? AKA why wouldn't the US be able to build space elevators on its own? (if the answer is tech expertise what is the specific tech that China has that is key?)

Space col - 

How do we determine who goes to space?

How do we ensure new space societies don't go back to repressing symbolic exchange?

What is excess?

Why is fascism bad?

How does the 1AC resist simulation?

Space Solar - 

What about climate change is statistically significant over the past million years of fluctuations?

What is preventing effective SBSP in the status quo?

Coop - 

Tian evidence just says cooperation is good, doesn't really give a space key warrant. Why doesn't status quo cooperation solve that?

Why are space elevators the make or break for economic cooperation with China?

CX - 

Is the space elevator built as a result of the AFF?

yes

Yongchun evidence says cooperation is good but why is it key? AKA why wouldn't the US be able to build space elevators on its own? (if the answer is tech expertise what is the specific tech that China has that is key?)

it's more implied, coop is the easiest way for successful space coop

Space col - 

I'll let NASA pick who becomes an astronaut

How do we ensure new space societies don't go back to repressing symbolic exchange?

fiat is durable

What is excess?

Excess is the extra. For example, a factory produces more than the quota, instead of using the extra for growth under bataillian economics we destroy the excess.

Why is fascism bad?

Our Caplan '5 says that out reduces all VTL to nil

Because Symbolic exchange is the exchange of signs with the real, different then semiotic exchanges of modern society

Space Solar - 

What about climate change is statistically significant over the past million years of fluctuations?

while there have been fluctuations the general trend is it's getting steadily warmer overtime as companies ignore the environment

The lack of space elevators

Coop - 

Tian evidence just says cooperation is good, doesn't really give a space key warrant. Why doesn't status quo cooperation solve that?

Sure the squo coop is good but more cooperation is even better

1st we aren't economic cooperation. 2nd it's not make or break but space elevator cooperation strengthens ties

CX - 

That seems tautological and doesn't really answer my second question -- Why can't the US build a space elevator independently?

Space col - 

So we only let NASA appointed astronauts colonize and everyone else is screwed?

fiat is durable

Sure, fiat is durable, in that case, how does the mandate of the plantext solve the repression of symbolic exchange?

What is excess?

Excess is the extra. For example, a factory produces more than the quota, instead of using the extra for growth under bataillian economics we destroy the excess.

Is destroying excess good?

Why is fascism bad?

Why does that matter?

Because Symbolic exchange is the exchange of signs with the real, different then semiotic exchanges of modern society

Can you unpack this a little more? How do space elevators do that?

Space Solar - 

The Dvorsky evidence says that we're developing low energy eco friendly launch vehicles in the squo that could be replaced by space elevators - I guess my question is now, why are space elevators key?

Coop - 

So you don't have a reverse causal piece of evidence?

1st we aren't economic cooperation. 2nd it's not make or break but space elevator cooperation strengthens ties

How do you have an internal link to any of these impacts then? Your evidence just says the recognition by China and the US that they're mutual trading partners and important to the global economy is sufficient 

CX - 

That seems tautological and doesn't really answer my second question -- Why can't the US build a space elevator independently?

the fact that they aren't building it right now proves

Space col - 

So we only let NASA appointed astronauts colonize and everyone else is screwed?

When I said NASA I meant NASA and the Chinese space agency

fiat is durable

Sure, fiat is durable, in that case, how does the mandate of the plantext solve the repression of symbolic exchange?

because space col happens because of space elevators. Giving us a chance to begin again in space.

What is excess?

Is destroying excess good?

yes

Why is fascism bad?

Why does that matter?

Because if i'm not a nihilist

Can you unpack this a little more? How do space elevators do that?

Ok so using the space elevator we establish colonies founded on symbolic exchange. Semiotic exchange is the exchange of signs with signs, symbolic is the exchange of signs with the real. Simulation is founded off of semiotic exchange.

Space Solar - 

The Dvorsky evidence says that we're developing low energy eco friendly launch vehicles in the squo that could be replaced by space elevators - I guess my question is now, why are space elevators key?

1. The tech Dvorsky shows didn't bear any fruit. If it were possible without the plan then SBSP would have already happened. 

Coop - 

So you don't have a reverse causal piece of evidence?

no

How do you have an internal link to any of these impacts then? Your evidence just says the recognition by China and the US that they're mutual trading partners and important to the global economy is sufficient 

No, simply increasing relations gives us an internal link. Unsecuritizing china allows more trade.

Case 

Space col

Explain how me having durable fiat leads to fascism. Not how some other ideology leads to fascism. How does durable fiat lead to fascism?

Why is racism bad?

Solar space

Are you really going to cite baudrillard then say global warming doesn't exist?

Baudrillard and bataille case cards somehow read as an offcase

-Do you defend being a teacher?

-Your mizrack '2k card is going towards your Baudrillard '08 card right?

-Impact to baudrillard '76?

-NB to orgy CA?

QPQ T

-do you have any evidence that says china changes its behavior?

Edited by ConsultAndromedaCouncil

Case 

Space col

Explain how me having durable fiat leads to fascism. Not how some other ideology leads to fascism. How does durable fiat lead to fascism?

Fiat is simulating the enacting of a plan. I don't think you can defend durable fiat but not regular fiat. Your whole explanation about semiotics is remarkably applicable to fiat in that we assume that with the signing of the ballot something changes and have invested political meaning in it

Why is racism bad?

Uh. ". To give it merely a foothold means to augment the bestial part in us and in other people, which is to diminish what is human. To accept the racist universe to the slightest degree is to endorse fear, injustice, and violence. It is to accept the persistence of the dark history in which we still largely live. it is to agree that the outsider will always be a possible victim"

Solar space

Are you really going to throw stones from a glass house?

Why would I do that

The first two pieces of Baudrillard evidence are link/case turns to the AFF. The Mizrak card is a k of the frontierist mindset of the AFF that understands space as the final frontier 

The robinson card you read. Value to death. Social control. Economization of Death

QPQ T

Our argument is that that's what you need

Couple follow ups

Case 

Space col

Fiat is simulating the enacting of a plan. I don't think you can defend durable fiat but not regular fiat. Your whole explanation about semiotics is remarkably applicable to fiat in that we assume that with the signing of the ballot something changes and have invested political meaning in it

How does this cause the masses to ascribe value to race, nationality or gender

Why is racism bad?

Uh. ". To give it merely a foothold means to augment the bestial part in us and in other people, which is to diminish what is human. To accept the racist universe to the slightest degree is to endorse fear, injustice, and violence. It is to accept the persistence of the dark history in which we still largely live. it is to agree that the outsider will always be a possible victim"

Solar space

Are you really going to throw stones from a glass house?

Yes

Why would I do that

IDK just curious

The first two pieces of Baudrillard evidence are link/case turns to the AFF. The Mizrak card is a k of the frontierist mindset of the AFF that understands space as the final frontier 

What part of the 1AC do you turn?

The robinson card you read. Value to death. Social control. Economization of Death

Did you choose this debate just to talk about baudrillard?

QPQ T

Our argument is that that's what you need

2ac v debate v baedrillard.docx

Edited by ConsultAndromedaCouncil

So you're going for racism inevitable so nbd to answer 'the 1AC is racist'?

Why is symbolic exchange good?

Why is extinction bad?

racism is inevitable, it will form everywhere. So no, it's not a big deal

Why is symbolic exchange good?

Multiple reasons

-as robinson says it solves for simulation, which solves for fascism and violence

-as robinson says it solves for excess, which solves for VTL and the planet

Why is extinction bad?

Because we all die, and I don't want all of us to die...

On 6/19/2016 at 4:20 PM, ConsultAndromedaCouncil said:

On 6/19/2016 at 1:09 AM, baedrillard said:

racism is inevitable, it will form everywhere. So no, it's not a big deal

Um. 

Edited by baedrillard
  • Upvote 1

I think I am going to concede this round. Honestly this aff was based off a joke and an attempt to meet word count. I think at this point I think it's a clear win for you. I'm justing getting into baudrillard over the summer so thank you for 'baudrillard 101'.

• Upvote 1