OneOffNoCase

2AC Kritiks

when you say 2ac kritik i think youre going to kick the 1ac and just go for a new off case, which is probably an incredibly unstrategic move unless the 1nc was just 8 minutes of slurs and terrible shit, but im unaware of any dng arguments that are commonly used as justification for stuff like that.

i think the responses should probably be curry's abstraction bad arguments, which you could possibly turn into an antiblackness k, or just use as a serial failure, cooption, and assorted bad shit turn

• Upvote 1

I asked a DnG person what the best 2AC response is one time and they said the perm is usually strong because DnG focus on such dynamic systems/politics.

dont run couter Ks against DnG. just defend your reps and/or method and beat back the K offense.

Unless the alt to DnG is rhizomatic though/ shizoanalysis... bc then you could kick the aff and run a bunch of counter Ks, play music, act wierd, take your clothes off etc,  and claim prefiat solvency of the DnG alt bc youre being more rhizomatic. this is obvi risky bc most DnG debaters will be able to handle it, but its just food for thought  :blink:

dont run couter Ks against DnG. just defend your reps and/or method and beat back the K offense.

Unless the alt to DnG is rhizomatic though/ shizoanalysis... bc then you could kick the aff and run a bunch of counter Ks, play music, act wierd, take your clothes off etc,  and claim prefiat solvency of the DnG alt bc youre being more rhizomatic. this is obvi risky bc most DnG debaters will be able to handle it, but its just food for thought  :blink:

As i said before... I'm writing blocks to those counter K's, not running them. I'm constructing my DnG master file whilst reading the literature... so what are those counter K's???

While kicking the aff is generally a terrible idea, the above is particularly bad. You never want to play on the other team's field, since they have the advantage. They'll almost certainly know the lit better, and be prepared for this kind of stuff (also...this strat falls to any decent 'reps first' arg. Can't just kick the 1ac yo).

Not to mention that this is a really good way to get your judge to hate you, so even if by some miracle you win, you're speaks will be terrible.

In general, the only time kicking the 1ac is a viable option is when you've made massive, unsalvageable errors in the 2ac, and you have to do it in the 1ar.

(This is primarily because of restrictions on being able to generate new offense.)

While kicking the aff is generally a terrible idea, the above is particularly bad. You never want to play on the other team's field, since they have the advantage. They'll almost certainly know the lit better, and be prepared for this kind of stuff (also...this strat falls to any decent 'reps first' arg. Can't just kick the 1ac yo).

Not to mention that this is a really good way to get your judge to hate you, so even if by some miracle you win, you're speaks will be terrible.

In general, the only time kicking the 1ac is a viable option is when you've made massive, unsalvageable errors in the 2ac, and you have to do it in the 1ar.

(This is primarily because of restrictions on being able to generate new offense.)

PLZ... EVERYBODY PLZ... answer MY question just please. Ik that 2AC's are a generally bad idea. Well maybe a deleuzian K vs psych in the 2AC is ok, but seriously what POTENTIAL 2AC K's do ppl run vs DnG. I needa write blocks for that stuff.

First of all, counterkritiks don't need to have advocacies- they could be like "your alt reinforces eurocentric thinking" or something like that. You don't need to kick the 1AC in order to run a counterkritik.

PLZ... EVERYBODY PLZ... answer MY question just please. Ik that 2AC's are a generally bad idea. Well maybe a deleuzian K vs psych in the 2AC is ok, but seriously what POTENTIAL 2AC K's do ppl run vs DnG. I needa write blocks for that stuff.

Counter ks aren't very common, and people usually don't win on them anyway. Just because you saw that on an UTNIF psych file or something doesn't mean that it's a good strat. And is DnG the name of an actual K? Or is it just using cards from that anti Oedipus book they wrote? Edited by Raj

First of all, counterkritiks don't need to have advocacies- they could be like "your alt reinforces eurocentric thinking" or something like that. You don't need to kick the 1AC in order to run a counterkritik.

Counter ks aren't very common, and people usually don't win on them anyway. Just because you saw that on an UTNIF psych file or something doesn't mean that it's a good strat. And is DnG the name of an actual K? Or is it just using cards from that anti Oedipus book they wrote?

The phrase DnG K doesn't mean anything, because they wrote about so much. That being said, it'd almost always some derivative of Maury's file on Evazon.

Anyways, any form of non-queer identity politics tends have a lot of hate for DnG et al (and some queer scholarship too, but the stuff in debate isn't usually that). Also eurocentrism and colonialism et al.

Counter ks aren't very common, and people usually don't win on them anyway. Just because you saw that on an UTNIF psych file or something doesn't mean that it's a good strat. And is DnG the name of an actual K? Or is it just using cards from that anti Oedipus book they wrote?

Ay, ay!!! That psych file is the best file on the planet!

• Downvote 1

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I agree, but if I wanted to kritik the k, I'd probably go back there.

The phrase DnG K doesn't mean anything, because they wrote about so much. That being said, it'd almost always some derivative of Maury's file on Evazon.

Anyways, any form of non-queer identity politics tends have a lot of hate for DnG et al (and some queer scholarship too, but the stuff in debate isn't usually that). Also eurocentrism and colonialism et al.

Ty Ty...

And no i didnt see it in some psych file. I actually read the lit. I'm not some bamboozled monkey.

• Upvote 2