Kyungsoo

What kinds of music do debaters jam to?

Darude Sandstorm

I knew a lad who was struggling by the last speech so he played this song in the background while winging it. Judge was cheering him on but didn't get the win, shame.

When I'm working on stuff for my team(s) (or doing anything for that matter) I usually listen to a combination of Future Funk, Emo (Revival), Pop-Punk, Electronic, Ambient Pop, New Wave, Post-Hardcore, Indie Rock, Indie Pop; at this particular moment I'm listening to this: 

Fun Fact: I discovered Future Funk out of a Reddit post in a Vaporwave subreddit linking a song from the genre that they found through youtube 

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some good ol' Rage Against the Machine, Arctic Monkeys, some Green Day, Weezer, The Strokes, The Creases, Gorillaz, and toss some Lil Dicky in there.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Moving this topic over to the Arts subforum. I'll also come back and edit this post in a couple hours to give a list of bands (with links) that I like listening to both in and out of rounds.

kendrick for hype, florence + the machine and lana del rey for chillin'. for sleeping music on the road, try some video game atmosphere soundtracks or slow indie rock like arctic monkeys (their humbug album is slow and it's my favorite)

if all else fails just listen to your opponents crying and bathe in their tears

Lil dicky, 21 pilots, jr jr when i wanna get real sad about my ex before debating another A team so that my debating is filled with deep rage and hate and so the confusion of the round feels miniscule compared to the deep seeded confusion as to why she broke up with me the day before state, the strokes, and um gorillaz

Also Smashmouth but All Star and only All Star for spiritual reasons

Edited by NativeWarlock
  • Upvote 6

When I'm working on stuff for my team(s) (or doing anything for that matter) I usually listen to a combination of Future Funk, Emo (Revival), Pop-Punk, Electronic, Ambient Pop, New Wave, Post-Hardcore, Indie Rock, Indie Pop; at this particular moment I'm listening to this: 

Fun Fact: I discovered Future Funk out of a Reddit post in a Vaporwave subreddit linking a song from the genre that they found through youtube 

Whoooooa man this is trippppppyyyyyy. Thank you so much

• Upvote 1

so the confusion of the round feels miniscule compared to the deep seeded confusion as to why she broke up with me the day before state

That sucks. I'm sorry for you.

• Upvote 6

Lil Dicky is where it's at. Professional Rapper is by far one of the best lyrically and speed wise from a rookie rapper I've ever heard. He has mellow songs and hype songs, really something for everyone, and pretty much all of it is satirical.

Lil Dicky is where it's at. Professional Rapper is by far one of the best lyrically and speed wise from a rookie rapper I've ever heard. He has mellow songs and hype songs, really something for everyone, and pretty much all of it is satirical.

Molly is my favorite song from that album 

• Upvote 3

Molly is my favorite song from that album 

Molly is probably one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard, especially with the video. Its an emotional experience. That being said, it was a fantastic song.

• Upvote 3

Our debate team always listens to "My Girl" because it's what we were listening to when we advanced to octas.

That's just our little tradition though

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Most people on my team have a strange Chance the rapper and kanye obsession but me mostly up-and-coming chicago rappers

• Upvote 1