rorohany

Evidence saying that china reform is unpopular among US Congress

Can someone post a card saying economic engagement with China won't pass the US Congress?

The way you worded it differently from the title makes me want to say circumvention.

The way you worded it differently from the title makes me want to say circumvention.

I think most Tix scenarios are going to worded around the HUGE expanse of articles claiming that tension is high between China and the US, as well as the fact both countries are displaying their political power. I know this sounds a lot like heg, but you could probably find at least a couple cards claiming that because of the Elections, no one wants to deal with that tension. It would be fantastic if you could find a card specifically claiming that Obama, Trump, Clinton, or the parties themselves don't want to create any policy initiative in China because tensions are already so high.

I usually wait to cut Tix much later in the year because I've had two flushed out DA's non-uniqued within a month of their creation.

By the way, is the Highway Bill going to be an issue this year?

Edit: The articles I spoke of may or may not be non-unique, but I don't think any recent US-Chinese diplomacy has been hugely successful: The recent China Talks were pretty mild.

I think most Tix scenarios are going to worded around the HUGE expanse of articles claiming that tension is high between China and the US, as well as the fact both countries are displaying their political power. I know this sounds a lot like heg, but you could probably find at least a couple cards claiming that because of the Elections, no one wants to deal with that tension. It would be fantastic if you could find a card specifically claiming that Obama, Trump, Clinton, or the parties themselves don't want to create any policy initiative in China because tensions are already so high.

I usually wait to cut Tix much later in the year because I've had two flushed out DA's non-uniqued within a month of their creation.

By the way, is the Highway Bill going to be an issue this year?

Edit: The articles I spoke of may or may not be non-unique, but I don't think any recent US-Chinese diplomacy has been hugely successful: The recent China Talks were pretty mild.

The problem is that reading a card with a tag essentially stating "no one will do the plan" is a waste of time, because the judge will probably allow the Aff to fiat the plan (it's a pre-req to the evaluation of substantive arguments) which essentially forces the parties/individuals of the USFG that you mentioned to do the plan, which in turn solves your circumvention arg. But you can still link off the political tension generated by the plan.

However, if you actually manage to win that they shouldn't be able to fiat the plan, that tag would be useful.

The problem is that reading a card with a tag essentially stating "no one will do the plan" is a waste of time, because the judge will probably allow the Aff to fiat the plan (it's a pre-req to the evaluation of substantive arguments) which essentially forces the parties/individuals of the USFG that you mentioned to do the plan, which in turn solves your circumvention arg. But you can still link off the political tension generated by the plan.

However, if you actually manage to win that they shouldn't be able to fiat the plan, that tag would be useful.

Yeah, I was talking about a Disadvantage of some sort, not an actual fiat issue.

I think most judges would mostly ignore fiat arguments unless you had some sort of counterplan that claimed to supplement the solvency/ fiat mechanism, while still being mutually exclusive

Just read a K on the aff and neg. you won't need any of these cards. Hope this helped. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

*makes my diplomatic actor the State Department* *avoids politics* Well, that's taken care of.

Then you'll have to deal with dip cap