-oil, namely stopping their sketchy advancement in Africa

-space advancement

-new energy

-military de-escalation/nuke trade deals

-overfishing regulation

I think of off top of my head

Edited by NativeWarlock
  • Upvote 1

I was thinking maybe some ableism/disability theory to do with the ankang asylums in china?

That's an interesting idea. Maybe something like "Bio-political ableism"?

I just finished my HS debate career BUT....

I started learning Chinese recently and the author of my textbook also referenced the Kaifeng Jews. I feel like it would be decent ground for some sort of identity politics aff centered around cultural/religious heritage.

http://forward.com/news/339909/is-china-cracking-down-on-jewish-community-in-kaifeng/

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jewish-troubles-in-kaifeng-china/

Also

-uigwhers (spelling?)

-oil, namely stopping their sketchy advancement in Africa

-space advancement

-new energy

-military de-escalation/nuke trade deals

-overfishing regulation

I think of off top of my head

It's spelled either Uighurs or Uyghurs depending on who you ask.

• Upvote 1

for overfishing- ive been having trouble finding a regulation that hasn't passed already- can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Affirmatives central around environmental issues in China are definitely going to be big, such as water pollution, smog, global warming, toxic waste, etc. but I imagine there will be several variations of big issues such as those previously mentioned.

• Upvote 2

Affirmatives central around environmental issues in China are definitely going to be big, such as water pollution, smog, global warming, toxic waste, etc. but I imagine there will be several variations of big issues such as those previously mentioned.

Kinda new at making affs, but I thought of making an aff revolving around the waste trade between US and China. IDK any big impacts off of it but I saw some literature about environmental justice. I think that might be a good starting point for the k debates. Is making a policy aff with a k impact usually good? 

Edited by DebateJedi
  • Upvote 1

One aff that already came out is the SCS (those who don't know, its South China Sea) 

Edited by DebateForLife

Kinda new at making affs, but I thought of making an aff revolving around the waste trade between US and China. IDK any big impacts off of it but I saw some literature about environmental justice. I think that might be a good starting point for the k debates. Is making a policy aff with a k impact usually good? 

Policy affirmative's which try to solve over for kritikal impacts can be strategic, because it means that you dodge out of quite a few da's, gain access to some kritikal impacts without having to debate policy framework, and you have better leverage to control questions of impact framing. The downside is that often times debates will boil down to issues of solvency, so if there isn't solid solvency for solving over your impact it might be a better idea to go for a straight k aff.

• Upvote 2

Maybe access indigenous nuclear dumping- Masahide Kato has great and short lit on that

• Upvote 1

Maybe access indigenous nuclear dumping- Masahide Kato has great and short lit on that

Im kinda confused what you mean by this. 

Im kinda confused what you mean by this.

If you can argue some sort of waste deal that entails removing nuclear waste on native american soil in the US plus waste somewhere in China- thought that was the aff idea, maybe kato is applicable- pm me if u want his stuff

If you can argue some sort of waste deal that entails removing nuclear waste on native american soil in the US plus waste somewhere in China- thought that was the aff idea, maybe kato is applicable- pm me if u want his stuff

I think the dumping aff DebateJedi is talking about is specific to e waste trade, which is the trade of used electronics for recycling purposes. I have seen some pretty good environmental justice evidence talking about how the e-waste trade facilitated by the United States endangers communities by introducing carcinogens, and lead to water sources and agricultural products. I am not sure how you could connect that to indigenous dumping impacts, but you could definitely find a link to some environmental justice impacts.

• Upvote 1

-Anti-corruption

-Improve democracy (esp. in Hong Kong)

-Tibetan protests

-Freedom of expression/ religion

-Women's rights (Likely a feminist kritikal aff)

-Sexual orientation/ gender identity rights (also likely a kritikal aff)

-Terrorism

Edited by hrbullard

There is some good lit on the West China sea conflict that is escalating really recently. I hear peninsula TW is gonna break it this year. Also you might want to look into the Chinese hat industry. There are some surprisingly good cards on the internal link to econ decline. Hope this helped.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I just finished my HS debate career BUT....

I started learning Chinese recently and the author of my textbook also referenced the Kaifeng Jews. I feel like it would be decent ground for some sort of identity politics aff centered around cultural/religious heritage.

http://forward.com/news/339909/is-china-cracking-down-on-jewish-community-in-kaifeng/

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jewish-troubles-in-kaifeng-china/

how would an identity polotics aff operate?

That's an interesting idea. Maybe something like "Bio-political ableism"

*Cough* Katy Taylor *Cough* aff was so fire

There is some good lit on the West China sea conflict that is escalating really recently. I hear peninsula TW is gonna break it this year. Also you might want to look into the Chinese hat industry. There are some surprisingly good cards on the internal link to econ decline. Hope this helped.

is this refferring to the west philippine sea?

is this refferring to the west philippine sea?

while we're on the subject of the philippines, a philippines aff would be pretty cool but i have a weak, vague idea about how i could tie it to the rez.