CosmicLobster

Haiku & Tea Aff up for grabs!

Hey everyone, I thought of a pretty cool idea that I made into a 1AC. Its a Taoism aff that delinks itself from all the Taoism bad args by operating through a heideggerian lens. The solvency mech is writing haikus and brewing tea with China Its P dank, and can be used in many ways. (I should stress that its very runnable, but you can probably imporve upon it to your liking.)

Anyway, its Just the 1AC but you can pretty much beat any position by extending prempts from the AFF. PM me if youre interested in trading!

Edited by CosmicLobster
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

your reps of chinese culture are bad.

I suppose. I mean, there's nothing wrong with tea, and poetry seems to be a substantial part of Asian art/culture. Though I agree saying we should just brew tea and write poetry glosses over a lot of issues and does seem kind of patronizing.

I had meant the reps were an ignorant person looking to 'Asian' culture and thinking them of one thing, and that being pandas & bamboo & tea & haikus, etc. Didn't mean literally Chinese culture :P

bad joke. 

But as to the topic, I sense a perfcon if you don't literally write haikus and bring tea for everyone to drink.

Edited by Dalotri

But as to the topic, I sense a perfcon if you don't literally write haikus and bring tea for everyone to drink.

*Pulls out a plate of cookies* Counterplan: if you reject the Aff you can have my cookies. I won't allow a permutation.

• Upvote 1

Time to just make my Meme K, link: endorsing Japanese culture with Haikus, Internal link: Weeabooness leads to bad memes, Impact: No memes = no value to life, 2nd impact: No value to life = Normies trying to be edgy with "accept the void memes", Alternative: Dank Memes.
zoidberg-you-should-feel-bad.jpg

Edited by skraptrap
  • Upvote 2

Funny you should say that, because thats actually part of the 1AC XD

Time to just make my Meme K, link: endorsing Japanese culture with Haikus, Internal link: Weeabooness leads to bad memes, Impact: No memes = no value to life, 2nd impact: No value to life = Normies trying to be edgy with "accept the void memes", Alternative: Dank Memes.zoidberg-you-should-feel-bad.jpg

Shrek Aff be like, get shrekt

Neg be like solvency deficit tell ur memes to go back to 2009

I cri and give up by 2ac

Then judge looks up. It's Shrek. He's much disapoint in partner and I

We tremble in fear, realizing our impact calc on the Shrekkoning scenario was all too true

• Upvote 2

Funny you should say that, because thats actually part of the 1AC XD

My haiku:

They don't have a plan,

So vote Neg on presumption,

Though I like this tea.

• Upvote 1

Time to just make my Meme K, link: endorsing Japanese culture with Haikus, Internal link: Weeabooness leads to bad memes, Impact: No memes = no value to life, 2nd impact: No value to life = Normies trying to be edgy with "accept the void memes", Alternative: Dank Memes.

I believe the proper term is "otaku"