vladlock

Let me cut cards for you for free

Huang and Pan 14 [Yingying, Suiming, "Government crackdown of sex work in China: Responses from female sex workers and implications for their health", Global Public Health: An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice, page 1076, D]

Through this analysis we have described the impact of the police actions during the 2010 anti-prostitution crackdown in China on FSWs and the strategies that women used to respond to the police actions. The Chinese Government initiated anti-prostitution crackdowns with the goal of reducing the size and scope of sex work and ultimately eliminating it altogether. Consistent with other literature that describes the complex relationship between state control and sex work (Choi, 2011; Ghosh, 2002; Tucket et al., 2010), our evidence suggests that the intense police actions had little to no impact on permanently closing sex-work establishments or compelling women to quit sex work. Rather, we observed that women would adjust their sex-work practices or temporarily leave sex work, only to return after police actions subsided. FSWs [Female sex workers] used strategies such as changing their methods of soliciting sex, changing venues for sex and migrating to other areas to sell sex to avoid police actions.

If we broaden the discussion and look at the effects of the anti-prostitution policy over the last 30 years, the failure of these policies to eradicate sex work seems clear. National household surveys have shown that there is a steadily increasing number of male clients over the past decade who report having ever visited FSWs (Pan & Huang, 2013). Men from a wide range of economic classes, including the newly rich, the middle class and government employees and migrant workers, all report visiting FSWs (Huang et al., 2012; Uretsky, 2008; Yang, Latkin, Luan, & Nelson, 2010; Zheng, 2006). Data from our group also illustrate that people have become more tolerant towards sex work in recent years in a

social context where finding employment has become more difficult (Pan, 2008).

EDIT: "In"********* not "Is..."

Thanks!

Can you cut a card saying the US should encourage China to Militarize SCS, so there won't be war and/or Economic Failure

Can you cut a card saying the US should encourage China to Militarize SCS, so there won't be war and/or Economic Failure

God rylee you want to militarize the SCS and increase the conflict? Interesting.

• Upvote 3

God rylee you want to militarize the SCS and increase the conflict? Interesting.

I'm gonna try and do something involving the UN, to where China can use it freely, and other countries won't contest them. Since China has stated there is no way they are backing down from the SCS, it would be better to let them use it freely since it will only cause more conflict if countries oppose them.

I'm gonna try and do something involving the UN, to where China can use it freely, and other countries won't contest them. Since China has stated there is no way they are backing down from the SCS, it would be better to let them use it freely since it will only cause more conflict if countries oppose them.

You don't need a card to say that. Find some cards saying China won't back down and simply argue analytically that it would be better to let them have it.

That's absolutely flat out incorrect. If the US was just like 'here China can have it' then not only do you result in the immediate collapse of our alliances with Japan, Korea, and a few of the smaller countries in the area, but the most likely outcome is massively increased Sino-Japanese conflict not peace. Everyone is getting involved because they feel it's "critical" -- ie no one is backing down. Japanese militarization would rapidly fill in.

Also, no one would listen to that UN directorate even if they had the authority to declare it (they don't).

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex
  • Upvote 2

The only way that could actually solve war and conflict is that if you fiat every other country that is conflicting with China over the SCS to not militarize in the SCS except for China. It would be easier to fiat China backing down. Either way, you will get hit by fiat procedurals.

Also, if the UN is your actor, you're definitely untopical.

• Upvote 1

Could you cut cards on: 

- Improving relations with china is good (context of usa) 

- China will say yes (generic)

Thanks,

the noob

I already have cards for that I do believe. PM me and I'll get them to you.
  • Upvote 2

Could you please cut cards on:

-Warming affects agriculture

-Clean energy is good for the economy

-Impacts to good econ

Thank you you're my favorite person ever

I know it's a little late, but could you cut cards for a Scorpion Death K (baudrillard + frog and scorpion)? Also wondering if it's possible to connect it to the Security K of the Fear of Death/Death Cult Ks.

Thanks!

Edited by FirePenguin2431