TheSnowball

T - Economic and/or Diplomatic

Hey,

Trying to prep out some Topicality arguments, but I'm running into the problem that the resolution says and/or.

The specific example is writing t-engagement vs. space cooperation Affs. If I run an interp that says "economic engagement is XYZ but not space" or what have you, they'll almost certainly say they only have to meet diplomatic engagement, and vis versa. So do I read a violation for both economic and diplomatic or what?

Thanks,

Rniv

If you wanna be sketch, there's one that says and/or means both or neither. Otherwise, I'd just argue that they don't meet diplomatic

You could ask in 1AC cross-x if they are economic or diplomatic engagement and run a violation based on how they answer.

And if they say both make them spec why/how they're both. Odds are they're not both and they just want to waste your time focusing on both rather than harping on one or another.

And if they say both make them spec why/how they're both. Odds are they're not both and they just want to waste your time focusing on both rather than harping on one or another.

I considered asking in CX, figured they'd say both. But space development kind of is both...

I considered asking in CX, figured they'd say both. But space development kind of is both...

I suppose, but it's more economic engagement for sure. Your best bet is to just read both and make each relatively small shells. Eventually they'll give up arguing both diplo and economic because they probably can't afford to go for both during the 1AR.

If you want good defs - i think you'll find this stuff from latin America topic - the defintions from then could be applying for the econ engagement stuff