kissmyaff

gdi 5 week soph vs sdi 4 week

I posted about this before but there have been major updates. So basically GDI 5 week soph is going to cost me 2,000 (that is without the plane ride from Illinois to Spokane but the plane ride will cost about 400). MSU 4 week will cost me 2400 and I will drive there. Which camp is better and which is a better bang for the buck?

Edited by kissmyaff

I don't know that much about SDI but I know that the 5 Week Sophs lab at GDI is good. I have friends that went last year and others that went in years past, and all of them seem to have gotten a lot out of it. I think it's a good experience for rising sophs. You get to dabble in different types of debate and learn from a lot of really cool and smart people. Also - the food definitely isn't the best ever, but they did just open a new student center so that would give you more options. If you have any questions about GDI in general, feel free to ask me. :)

• Upvote 1

I posted about this before but there have been major updates. So basically GDI 5 week soph is going to cost me 2,000 (that is without the plane ride from Illinois to Spokane but the plane ride will cost about 400). MSU 4 week will cost me 2400 and I will drive there. Which camp is better and which is a better bang for the buck?

SDI is a blast and always has the most competitive debaters on the national circuit - Repko and Strauss (albeit quite policy biased) are two incredibly smart people, and being under them for 4 weeks is awesome

GDI is killer and I highly recommend the 5 week sophomore camp, CT is a great lab leader and is coming back this year to teach, the food is alright but there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Upvote 2