longhornsdp

Necropolitics and Marx K

I am interested in trading for a really good marx and necropolitics file pm if you have one. I will trade multiple ks for those files and I also have a good number of DAs and AFFs for the China topic. Lmk in you are interested

cut your own necropolitics file. you'll understand the argument much better and can find better, unread, unbroken evidence, links, and nuances of necropolitics. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

cut your own necropolitics file. you'll understand the argument much better and can find better, unread, unbroken evidence, links, and nuances of necropolitics. 

Where would you recommend starting for that?

Where would you recommend starting for that?

The most important book to read is Necropolitics by Achille Mbembe - there's a copy online if you google it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Necropolitics K's are such silly arguments, not to mention having tautologically defined impacts that only win rounds because people don't realize that you can attack the internal link of Ks. Turns out, increasing economic engagement with China probably isn't the lynchpin of whether or not the US is going to drone strike some folks or whatever. 

Anyways, I agree with the above posters that you should at least read some books first. Start with Foucault for this if you haven't read it already, because necropolitics is just the least nuanced version of this argument. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Necropolitics K's are such silly arguments, not to mention having tautologically defined impacts that only win rounds because people don't realize that you can attack the internal link of Ks. Turns out, increasing economic engagement with China probably isn't the lynchpin of whether or not the US is going to drone strike some folks or whatever. 

Anyways, I agree with the above posters that you should at least read some books first. Start with Foucault for this if you haven't read it already, because necropolitics is just the least nuanced version of this argument. 

Idk the one Little Rock Central WoWi reads seems pretty legit 

• Upvote 1

Marx is just a Cap K...

But seriously, read Das Kapital.  Then go read the dozens of criticisms of the labor theory of value, and realize Marx is hopelessly wrong.  (Also read Popper on falsifiability and how Marxism as a movement continuously goalpost shifts to be unfalsifiable.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Marx is just a Cap K...

But seriously, read Das Kapital.  Then go read the dozens of criticisms of the labor theory of value, and realize Marx is hopelessly wrong.  (Also read Popper on falsifiability and how Marxism as a movement continuously goalpost shifts to be unfalsifiable.)

Also Hayek on how central planning is flawed theoretically as well as in practice, and "Communism: A History" by Richard Pipes to see how it worked out in practice.

I agree, I used one I was given and lost every round with it. I was so fed up I made my own and it made me understand the argument.
  • Upvote 1