19ratakondas

DA's for China topic

Aren't the PROC and Taiwan in some kind of war? Maybe Taiwan gets angry towards the US? Spending is obvious. I feel like it'll be a lot of IR, though

Aren't the PROC and Taiwan in some kind of war? Maybe Taiwan gets angry towards the US? Spending is obvious. I feel like it'll be a lot of IR, though

I don't think they're actually in war, but tensions are high as far as I know. Regardless, Taiwan relations is prolly a thing.

1. Tensions high now

2. engaging with China pisses off Taiwan

3. Nuke War

4. nuke war good, this has been an advantage all along.

• Upvote 4

I don't think they're actually in war, but tensions are high as far as I know. Regardless, Taiwan relations is prolly a thing.

1. Tensions high now

3. Nuke War

Woag

Too bad engaging China makes Taiwan happy - Means that nuke war is good, but you'll stop it

• Downvote 2

Woag

Too bad engaging China makes Taiwan happy - Means that nuke war is good, but you'll stop it

Er... admittedly I haven't been following Taiwan closely this last year, but when did that happen.  

Er... admittedly I haven't been following Taiwan closely this last year, but when did that happen.

It didn't, but when did this happen?

nuke war good, this has been an advantage all along.

• Downvote 1

Potential DA's

Spending/Debt! (Laughing but serious)

Japan relations has the potential to be thing

North Korea relations is also probably plausible.

Human rights DA is a direction that the neg could go.

Spending - For plans that spend money, which won't be all of them.

Relations DAs - China is big, so every power bloc probably has a plausible relations DA - Japan, Russia, India being the most obvious, Israel, Europe, Africa, and the Arab world less so.

Human Rights DA - Works both as a DA and as a Shunning K

Elections DA - Until November, especially if Trump is the GOP nominee,

Politics DA - After November, especially if Trump wins.

Trade/Jobs DAs - Policy-level attacks on free trade, to run alongside your Cap/Neolib K.

Military Capital(?) DA - Possibly a response to South China Sea or North Korea related Affs that military commitment to China distracts from military commitment to the Persian Gulf and/or Russia?

Relations DAs - China is big, so every power bloc probably has a plausible relations DA - Japan, Russia, India being the most obvious, Israel, Europe, Africa, and the Arab world less so.

I think it is interesting that you differentiate between Israel and the "Arab World" -- not a criticism I just find it interesting that you say that

I think it is interesting that you differentiate between Israel and the "Arab World" -- not a criticism I just find it interesting that you say that

In the context of a relations DA, especially with China, they're 2 very different things. There's a lot of literature on Israel pivoting to China due to European and American anti-Israeli leftist activism, both in economic and military cooperation, but Sino-Israeli relations were chilly until fairly recently. Sino-Arab relations have been friendly for a lot longer, due to Arab association with the Communist bloc during the Cold War.

1. Tensions high now

3. Nuke War

Fun aside a Taiwan-US relations DA is probably not the best idea..

1. Taiwan does not have nukes or biological/chemical agents so bye bye internal link chain 

2. The link debate is kind of shady because

a. we don't have any official relations with Taiwan

b. uniqueness definitely overwhelms the link because China believes Taiwan to be their divine right considering it was founded by people who fled China in the early 1900's and I'm not sure what the U.S. could do to make that worse. 

There's a high probability that we will see the return of some sort of diplomatic capital DA. You could do some research into whether or not Obama/Kerry are trying to solve another situation somewhere else in the world(that might result in nuke war) and diplomatic relations with china trade off with that.