kissmyaff

What makes Blake SW and Peninsula TW so special?

So I'm moving into my JV year and I've been hearing a whole lot of talk about Blake SW and Peninsula TW? Obviously they must be good at what they do, but what makes them so special? How did they get so good?

I believe Peninsula TW are juniors this year so how did they go to the TOC as JV?

Also does anyone know how well those teams did their novice/JV year and what camps they went to?

LOL

edit: ok so posted this after just reading the title, but to honestly answer your question they both began debate when they were younger so it's really just that they had a large head start in terms of experience. I think Peninsula started debating local parli in 8th grade so they had 2 years exposure prior to their novice year of policy. Peninsula cuts very good affs, however, at least this year, they've been very miniscule programs that don't really curtail enough surveillance to meet T -- Substantial (which doesn't matter because nobody votes on that nonsense) but it does mean that they don't link to Terror DA's which means as long as you have decent politics answers the only viable threat you have to face is generic K's.

Blake SW won Woodward Novice/JV Nationals when they were novices and then again when they were JV debaters. I think they both went to Mich, which is the best camp regardless of where these teams attended, however I think I recall that Blake got paid to go to Georgetown so that the camp would get exposure? That requires fact checking but for some reason I have an eerie feeling that something along those lines was the case. 

Edited by DonaldTrump
  • Upvote 2

So peninsula tw went to the TOC their second year bc they had prior exposure? isn't middle school debate kind of a joke (or did they compete high school level)?

Also how good are the teams in turns of speaking (do they win based on technicalities or persuasion more so)? I was so surprised to see neither of the Blake guys got a speaker award at the TOC and they went so semis; I don't know about Peninsula.

Edited by kissmyaff

So peninsula tw went to the TOC their second year bc they had prior exposure? isn't middle school debate kind of a joke (or did they compete high school level)?

Also how good are the teams in turns of speaking (do they win based on technicalities or persuasion more so)? I was so surprised to see neither of the Blake guys got a speaker award at the TOC and they went so semis; I don't know about Peninsula.

Also how K is Peninsula (if I debate them next year at lets say GBX)? I heard they run 1 off baudrillard in actual seriousness 

When they were in middle school, they competed at the high school level 

Peninsula is like Notre Dame - Hella good at policy and sometimes runs K, but in those "sometimes" they usually display mastery of the K they're reading

I'd say persuasion because they have really good evidence and usually know their evidence pretty well; they also have a very deep understanding of the technicalities of policy debate so it might be a permutation of both but you should see them debate first, then you can decide. 

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine

I am definitely in the position to answer this in depth.

Hello, my name is Dan Bannister. I'm from Highland Park in St. Paul Minnesota. Here are some of my accolades.

12th speaker at Emory

Winner of Minnesota state

Champion of JV Berkeley

So as you can see, I'm elite.

Blake SW is the worst team I've ever had the misfortunate of debating. As I SLAUGHTERED them during Glenbrooks, they begged for mercy. I provided no mercy. I used their tears to water my plants that I grow to eat because I'm also a vegetarian. Allen is a useless sack of teddy bear who only knows how to snuggle. Zahir's fingers are creepy and he would benefit from gaining a mullet. 

Allen's parents (members of the Chinese mafia) bribed Georgetown to bribe SW to win debates. It's an absurd situation where they win un-earned debates. They. Are. Scum. 

SW sucks at cooking. I outspoke them at JV state.

Peninsula on the other hand .... Jerry has three nipples and no belly button. That should be an indicator of something. Raam is a wiley fellow who knows nothing but tomfoolery and shenanigans. Strictly haberdashery.

By the way, my name is Dan Bannister, from Highland Park, and I approve this message. I'm good at debate. Suck me off through a garden hose.

Damn Daniel... back @ it again w/ them... 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I am definitely in the position to answer this in depth.

Hello, my name is Dan Bannister. I'm from Highland Park in St. Paul Minnesota. Here are some of my accolades.

12th speaker at Emory

Winner of Minnesota state

Champion of JV Berkeley

So as you can see, I'm elite.

Blake SW is the worst team I've ever had the misfortunate of debating. As I SLAUGHTERED them during Glenbrooks, they begged for mercy. I provided no mercy. I used their tears to water my plants that I grow to eat because I'm also a vegetarian. Allen is a useless sack of teddy bear who only knows how to snuggle. Zahir's fingers are creepy and he would benefit from gaining a mullet. 

Allen's parents (members of the Chinese mafia) bribed Georgetown to bribe SW to win debates. It's an absurd situation where they win un-earned debates. They. Are. Scum. 

SW sucks at cooking. I outspoke them at JV state.

Peninsula on the other hand .... Jerry has three nipples and no belly button. That should be an indicator of something. Raam is a wiley fellow who knows nothing but tomfoolery and shenanigans. Strictly haberdashery.

By the way, my name is Dan Bannister, from Highland Park, and I approve this message. I'm good at debate. Suck me off through a garden hose.

HAS ANYBODY NOTICED THAT THE GUY WHO WROTE THIS WON THE TOC GOING UNDEFEATED?!?!?!?!?! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

HAS ANYBODY NOTICED THAT THE GUY WHO WROTE THIS WON THE TOC GOING UNDEFEATED?!?!?!?!?! 

its not his actual account; it's a troll account.

its not his actual account; it's a troll account.

No, I know the guy and this is something that he would say... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, I know the guy and this is something that he would say... 

Bruh we both debated this guy at state, he's pretty chill. Obviously a troll account.

• Upvote 1

Bruh we both debated this guy at state, he's pretty chill. Obviously a troll account.

Your right Luhan. It's a troll account. I watched (during elims especially Semis and Finals when you had to go).  Did I tell you that he won state with a 7 - 0 vote in finals?  :Bow

Edited by Juan

Your right Luhan. It's a troll account. I watched (during elims especially Semis and Finals when you had to go).  Did I tell you that he won state with a 7 - 0 vote in finals?  :Bow

This is true. They also won every ballot in the TOC minus one.

Edited by Kyungsoo

Yep, He and Ian Dill won every single ballot.

So I'm moving into my JV year and I've been hearing a whole lot of talk about Blake SW and Peninsula TW? Obviously they must be good at what they do, but what makes them so special? How did they get so good?

I believe Peninsula TW are juniors this year so how did they go to the TOC as JV?

Also does anyone know how well those teams did their novice/JV year and what camps they went to?

The history of Tambe and Wang:

They did high school policy in middle school representing the Kudos debate program coached by Scott Wheeler. Won JV national championships.Theyve been to DDI and SDI. As juniors they are doing incredibly well, winning State Champs, Wininning Varsity national championships, semis at TOC. they went to HSS last summer

Edited by StreenaSkywalker