What was the experience like at ETBU compared to other camps? 

Edited by courageous

Well I can't speak about any other camps but I can tell you that ETBU is a great camp with coaches that know their stuff. I think its especially adept at taking kids that are already good and making them great. Plus it's cheap, making it a viable option for small schools which is good at a time when small school debate is dying.

I think ETBU is an excellent camp; however, I believe you get better exposure at other camps. I went to UTNIF this summer and had an amazing time. At a camp like UTNIF you surround yourself with some of the best debaters in the nation. This forces you to become better. You will get partnered with people who have been in deep out rounds at huge national tournaments. You make connections with these people and create friendships. The lab leaders are extremely successful college debaters or coaches. Q was one of my lab leaders and she was in finals of CEDA last year and in finals of the NDT this year. Here is a link to there staff so you can read about them http://utdebatecamp.com/policy-debate-camps/policy-debate-faculty/ You will obtain knowledge about all parts of debate. The price difference between the camps is what gets most. You will pay more but, I can guarantee it is worth every penny. These are my thoughts. PM me if you have any questions. 

• Upvote 1

I went to TSDC (ETBU) for two years, and I can testify that it is great. The food is good (for a camp), the labs are great and allow you to teared with those at your level, the Lab leaders are incredible, and over all it's a relaxed and fun experience. I will warn it can be geared more towards UIL over other styles (which is what you need if you're competeing in local east texas)

Tell Morris I said hey.

• Upvote 1

Oh and I forgot to mention some believe that UTNIF is just for people that want to learn K debate; however, I learned how to properly debate T/FW while I was there. Being in the good ole East Texas community T is HUGE and being able to debate it well lead to me winning a lot of my rounds. honesty T was my 2nr most of the time. UTNIF teaches you how to become a better debater overall.

• Upvote 1