So, I qualified for NSDA nats this summer, but since it is very policy and I'm very critical, I've run into some implications. I haven't read a policy aff since the beginning of novice year because I began reading soft left affs towards the end and now I'm reading more radical affs i.e. necropolitics, faciality, and a combination thereof. Not only have I forgotten how to give a 2ar on anything that isn't deleuze, but we don't have any neg files outside of 1-off K strats. 

So I guess what I'm saying is:

1. I'm in need of strats against policy affs, I've got tons of K backfiles, and affs from this year and next cut. Pm me for details.

2. How do you do neg prep for policy affs? For instance, I've heard that you should prep two T interps that directly contradict each other so that one will always link to an aff and you can decide which to read based on the aff.

3. What are the judges at nats most receptive to?

4. How do you figure out how to debate stocks again?

So, I qualified for NSDA nats this summer, but since it is very policy and I'm very critical, I've run into some implications. I haven't read a policy aff since the beginning of novice year because I began reading soft left affs towards the end and now I'm reading more radical affs i.e. necropolitics, faciality, and a combination thereof. Not only have I forgotten how to give a 2ar on anything that isn't deleuze, but we don't have any neg files outside of 1-off K strats. 

So I guess what I'm saying is:

1. I'm in need of strats against policy affs, I've got tons of K backfiles, and affs from this year and next cut. Pm me for details.

2. How do you do neg prep for policy affs? For instance, I've heard that you should prep two T interps that directly contradict each other so that one will always link to an aff and you can decide which to read based on the aff.

3. What are the judges at nats most receptive to?

4. How do you figure out how to debate stocks again?

T debate is generally lazy unless the T violation is "real" in some sense.  Most judges, even at NSDA, will default to some sort of reasonability heuristic for evaluating it so long as the aff makes any effort at all, and then its just a matter of the aff proving they're plausibly reasonable.

I would guess case + DA debate is probably going to be acceptable to almost all judges, and many (if not most) will be receptive to at least some CPs.  Some judges will certainly be receptive to at least some Ks, but I don't know how common that will be.

It should be pretty rare that you end up debating stocks.  Policy makers are vastly more common, even in traditional circuits.  (Even people who say they're stock judges tend to lean policy maker in a lot of ways).  

Debating stocks mostly comes down to topicality + solvency turns + harms mitigation, unless there's a real issue with inherency.  (ie, National Security Letters affs might be vulnerable, for example, because the NSL aff i've seen basically happened in early 2015).  It at least used to be the case that stocks judges expected the aff to prove that the problem they identified (ie, what they were changing with plan) was *the* cause of the harms, not just *a* cause, so alternate cause arguments used to be pretty strong - i don't know what current Stocks judges' concept of aff burden is these days, cause I haven't seen a stocks judge in over a decade.

Debating policy-maker involves winning that the world you defend (of plan on Aff, of SQ or CP on neg) is the best world in the round.  Ie, normal impact calculus arguments, generally with a utilitarian calculus.  (Many policy-makers will accept moral arguments and can be convinced to consider dehumanization, vtl, and other similar concerns in their impact calculus - it's not that they object to ethical argumentation, it's that they want it grounded in tangible real world terms and applied to the policy world, which is why policy-makers tend to dislike Ks).

And I just dumped some things in trade.  Take a look.

• Upvote 1

Depends on how policy you want to go. If it doesn't link to terror, it probably isn't T. I always used terror to turn back affs (Terror -> Surveillance, terror -> racism). I can hit you up with some files, depending on what you need.

Have a few of every offcase position. Reliable DAs (Politics, terror), a few Ks that link directly to surveillance reduction, CPs of every variety (Advantage CPs, Actor CPs, Word PICs, etc), and of course, T. A good interp is the Small 8 card for domestic surveillance.

Edited by NickDB8

Hey! I tried to pm you, but I think your messaging may be turned off (or maybe I'm just being incompetent haha). I'd be interested in some ev trading. Let me know!

Hey! I tried to pm you, but I think your messaging may be turned off (or maybe I'm just being incompetent haha). I'd be interested in some ev trading. Let me know!

The same thing happened to me when I tried. Pm if your interested in trading!  

The same thing happened to me when I tried. Pm if your interested in trading!  

pmed both of you.

I just typed out a pretty large message explaining what I have to trade but it wouldn't let me send it so if you're still interested in trading just pm me.

same - ik this is an old threat but 

i've got a disad that's really never been broken / used on the HS circuit -- it links to metadata affs, affs like LEADS or MLAT affs, or any aff with a US-EU relations impact - it's only like 50-something pages though. I can throw in a terror da that's pretty comprehensive (it's def over 100 pages, like 115 maybe?) with link walls to the most popular affs

(all of these are blocked out btw) 

i also have
- court capital da (like ptx for courts affs)
- rights malthus (vs soft left affs)
- insider threats case neg
- borders aff case neg
- islamophobia case neg
- prepped heg bad file
- ICE neg

i'm looking for a basic cap or neolib file that's blocked out OR a lot of compiled aff answers to framework - let me know what you need