AltsNeverSolve

Space Elevators

Why is it that the 2 aff's that somehow found ways to keep being ran (no matter how topically) are Space Elevators and Ice Breakers? Like why can't you people just do some even better but equally untopical stuff like "Feeding the poor". 

• Upvote 2

What Bernie said^

Space elevators are like what 4 years old! Like every since the space topic, people were obsessed with it! Ever since the TI topic, people were obsessed with ice breakers too

Edited by tommy949

New idea. Remember that Cthulhu case used during the oceans topic last year? Run a "Cthulhu in the South China Sea" 1AC under next year's resolution.

• Upvote 1

New idea. Remember that Cthulhu case used during the oceans topic last year? Run a "Cthulhu in the South China Sea" 1AC under next year's resolution.

Engage in diplomacy with China, to then engage in diplomacy with Cthulhu

Adv I: More-Than-Modern Warfare V (Skipped IV to not risk affiliation with what a shitty game MW3 was. Also Microsoft branding strategy, must be effective)

-Use Cthulhu's powers to mold dreams to give our enemy's nightmares. They will be unable to battle, as they are to exhausted.

-Strong arm our enemy's into doing whatever we want. Good, evil, your choice. 

Adv II: Infinite Power

-Cthulhu knows all of the universe. Literally gateway to solve all problems. Also cool shit like teleporters and crazy rice farming could be made from the information we gain from being drinking buddies with the Great Priest himself.

• Upvote 4

The United States should substantially increase its economic and diplomatic engagement with China in the search for Cthulu and his treasure.

• Upvote 1

Engage in diplomacy with China, to then engage in diplomacy with Cthulhu

Adv I: More-Than-Modern Warfare V (Skipped IV to not risk affiliation with what a shitty game MW3 was. Also Microsoft branding strategy, must be effective)

-Use Cthulhu's powers to mold dreams to give our enemy's nightmares. They will be unable to battle, as they are to exhausted.

-Strong arm our enemy's into doing whatever we want. Good, evil, your choice. 

Adv II: Infinite Power

-Cthulhu knows all of the universe. Literally gateway to solve all problems. Also cool shit like teleporters and crazy rice farming could be made from the information we gain from being drinking buddies with the Great Priest himself.

I will also run this in at least one round.

I'm diggy-down. It'll be fun to write.

I want in on this! There has to be an affirmative kritik somewhere if the negative team tries to deny the existence of Cthulhu. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just a note to anyone thinking about Cthulu, I think that you should note that in Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulu, there are references to "Deathless Chinamen" who live in the mountains of China and know the secrets of the necronomicon. Engaging with them could make a great plan text for y'all's Cthulu aff.

• Upvote 4

Just a note to anyone thinking about Cthulu, I think that you should note that in Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulu, there are references to "Deathless Chinamen" who live in the mountains of China and know the secrets of the necronomicon. Engaging with them could make a great plan text for y'all's Cthulu aff.

Hell, you seem to know a decent bit about this. If You want in on this, pm me.

Edited by TortillaBoy
  • Upvote 1

You. I like you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

From what I can tell, the reference is only 1 line, mentioned as a throwaway to add some 'Eastern mystique' to the tone. Not really a substantial basis for an aff.

From what I can tell, the reference is only 1 line, mentioned as a throwaway to add some 'Eastern mystique' to the tone. Not really a substantial basis for an aff.

It's good enough for me. 

• Upvote 1