harper231

Vdebate Surveillance Harper231 (aff) vs. Aram (neg)

CX

T

Why is T an RVI (especially in the instance where there was only one T and one other off)?

​Because you clearly had no intention of going for it, so it's skews 2ac time allocation

K

I guess I'm confused, you said you dont care about the legality of the aff, but then go for legal intersectionality good, which is it? Why do you get to claim offense off of legal discourse if you "don't care about legality?"

​I claim offense off climate discourse, the discussion of the science and how individuals can engage not only in the discussion, but in movements- that's running, hobson, backstraind, and shove

What offense did you lose bc the lack of a specific portion of the tag saying "alt text:"?

​We lose access to specific perms, methodology turns, counters Ks predicated off the alt, it also justifies moving target alts, and undercuts alt solvency since it hampers discussion of the criticism

Ojakangas: "thanatopolitics should be understood as an outcome of the “demonic combination” of the sovereign power and bio-power, of “the city-citizen game and the shepherd-flock game" - how is the aff not a specific infusion of citizen activism and sovereign action?

The aff encourages a reduction in sovereign power, and a encourages individuals operate outside the influence of the shepherd.

Moore ev - how is the alt a "solution only" method to things like warfare?

Your evans evidence discusses liberal subject creation as the "nexus point for violence" we out argue that isolating singular cause of violence/war is ignoring and thus allowing the continuation of other triggers for violence.

Activism

UN evidence is in the context of the Global South, how do you resolve warming there? Furthermore, how does YOUR method spillover to other geographical areas?

​Since the global south isn't a massive producer of the triggers for global climate change, we solve by checking back emissions and other pollutants from industrial nations.  Khan and running are pretty good when they discuss how not only is us activism empirically modelled but how our discourse is vital to encouraging individuals towards activism.

• Upvote 1

CX

T

Why is T an RVI (especially in the instance where there was only one T and one other off)?

​Because you clearly had no intention of going for it, so it's skews 2ac time allocation

K

I guess I'm confused, you said you dont care about the legality of the aff, but then go for legal intersectionality good, which is it? Why do you get to claim offense off of legal discourse if you "don't care about legality?"

​I claim offense off climate discourse, the discussion of the science and how individuals can engage not only in the discussion, but in movements- that's running, hobson, backstraind, and shove

What offense did you lose bc the lack of a specific portion of the tag saying "alt text:"?

​We lose access to specific perms, methodology turns, counters Ks predicated off the alt, it also justifies moving target alts, and undercuts alt solvency since it hampers discussion of the criticism

Ojakangas: "thanatopolitics should be understood as an outcome of the “demonic combination” of the sovereign power and bio-power, of “the city-citizen game and the shepherd-flock game" - how is the aff not a specific infusion of citizen activism and sovereign action?

The aff encourages a reduction in sovereign power, and a encourages individuals operate outside the influence of the shepherd.

Moore ev - how is the alt a "solution only" method to things like warfare?

Your evans evidence discusses liberal subject creation as the "nexus point for violence" we out argue that isolating singular cause of violence/war is ignoring and thus allowing the continuation of other triggers for violence.

Activism

UN evidence is in the context of the Global South, how do you resolve warming there? Furthermore, how does YOUR method spillover to other geographical areas?

​Since the global south isn't a massive producer of the triggers for global climate change, we solve by checking back emissions and other pollutants from industrial nations.  Khan and running are pretty good when they discuss how not only is us activism empirically modelled but how our discourse is vital to encouraging individuals towards activism.

Plot twist, the 2nr is 5 minutes of T.

• Upvote 5

I was out of town all weekend for a concert. Just got home today. Will have the 2NC up sometime this week unless life happens.

Since this is temp inactive, can i get thoughts on the 2ac and my cx?

No RVI's on T. 

Honestly the biggest problem with this aff comes from the 1AC. This aff loses every round to an Adv CP out of warming (functionally your only impact) and basically any DA. It's going to be very hard to convince someone to evaluate your framing stuff as external offense. 

No RVI's on T. 

​Ya... I know it's not cool, but I figured it would force a time trade off on the K. Why are RVIs so hated universally?

Honestly the biggest problem with this aff comes from the 1AC. This aff loses every round to an Adv CP out of warming (functionally your only impact) and basically any DA. It's going to be very hard to convince someone to evaluate your framing stuff as external offense. 

​Is there anyway to answer that besides perm? "Do both- literally no reason both can't be done" and then answering the disad really well? Would the spill over claims be a good answer?

No RVI's on T. 

​Ya... I know it's not cool, but I figured it would force a time trade off on the K. Why are RVIs so hated universally?

​Is there anyway to answer that besides perm? "Do both- literally no reason both can't be done" and then answering the disad really well? Would the spill over claims be a good answer?

RVI's

Because they're pretty dumb. They're used explicitly for the purposes of generating time tradeoffs while criticizing the use of T because it generates a time tradeoff. 

Also, T is a procedural/stock issue, just because the aff is topical doesn't mean that it's good so it is a voting issue and not a reverse voting issue.

You need to have another advantage that has a different internal link story. The perm isn't responsive because it competes on net benefits. It doesn't matter how well you answer the DA, because that debate comes down to the risk of the CP not solving the case's offense versus the risk of the DA, but the neg's CP will always be better at solving warming than you will because they can find any solution they want where you're still constrained by the topic.