wildersonian

Best California Debaters 2016

Hopefully this thread will be a tad less catastrophic than the Oregon drama going on, but hey - it's late in the year, the TOC's gonna finish off our hs careers (except peninsula and julia's), so let's have some fun lol

Senior you will miss most: Ryan Powell

Best judge: GOLDBERG REP IT

Best coach: Scott Wheeler

Best squad/school: Peninsula

Best team: Peninsula TW

Best novice team: idk lol

Best aff team: Peninsula TW

Best neg team: SVDP HM

Best 1a: Adam Martin

Best 2a: Raam Tambe

Best 1n: Julia Hunter

Best 2n: Jerry Wang

Best kritik debater: Adam Martin

Best straight-up policy debater: Ryan Powell

Best negative position: Indeterminacy/LIGOTTEM

Best aff: Veteran Health

Most untopical aff: Preciado

Funniest offcase argument you heard: Terror DA

Funniest/worst Judge RFD: "They dropped the perm in the block along with several impact turns, yet you give a 1 minute 1ar on vague alts bad...quickest 30 I've ever given in my life".

Most persuasive speaker: Raam Tambe/Max Li/Christine

Most helpful person: June/Tony/Eric n Nate

Most hardworking debater: Raam Tambe

Fastest debater: something between Michael Gray/Julia Hunter/Ryan Powell

Best debater overall: Julia Hunter

The best team next year: Peninsula TW

Squad to watch out for next year: Whatever team Julia is on

Funniest debater: June

Most fun debater to judge/watch: Ryan Powell

Most improved debater: Julia Hunter

Most improved team: Peninsula TW

Most Underrated team: Notre Dame CP hands down...I know a lot of people give Peninsula and SVDP mad cred, which I totally agree with, but ma boy Ryan has been quietly holding it down for the past three years

june is dec (:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

but as usual, this is pretty biased and missing a lot of great teams, including college prep JM, Damien MP, Head Royce, Bellarmine, Leucadia MY, Clovis North, Polytechnic, Nevada Union, etc. 

I usually try to stay away from this things because they usually only hurt feelings and become an abnormally absurd popularity contest, but a few omissions (as evidenced above) made my comment necessary

• Upvote 6

Tambe-Wang aren't graduating seniors?

No, they are at Hoya Spartan Scholars as Rising Seniors

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, they are at Hoya Spartan Scholars as Rising Seniors

Yes, and it's only their second year in policy. Tambe and Wang did LD freshman year individually, and only teamed up sophomore year. They did meh and went to SDI summer camp. But junior year (this past season), they did incredibly well.

Yes, and it's only their second year in policy. Tambe and Wang did LD freshman year individually, and only teamed up sophomore year. They did meh and went to SDI summer camp. But junior year (this past season), they did incredibly well.

Lol they did not do LD, they have been in policy ever since high school, and they had 3 bid rounds their first year if that is "meh". Jerry was in a LD tournament once as joke and went to a bid round. They both did policy in 8th grade but not together.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lol they did not do LD, they have been in policy ever since high school, and they had 3 bid rounds their first year if that is "meh". Jerry was in a LD tournament once as joke and went to a bid round. They both did policy in 8th grade but not together.

I don't know who's correct tbh; all my info is based off my own research. They each did LD in freshman year and there are no online records of their policy results. So I have no idea either.

I don't know who's correct tbh; all my info is based off my own research. They each did LD in freshman year and there are no online records of their policy results. So I have no idea either.

Well I asked Raam and Jerry about their debate experience before I made this post they sit next to me in lab.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh wow that's cool. I guess I was wrong them. What lab?

BRS. Bill Batterman, Will Repko, and Jordan's Sternberg are our lab leaders.

but as usual, this is pretty biased and missing a lot of great teams, including college prep JM, Damien MP, Head Royce, Bellarmine, Leucadia MY, Clovis North, Polytechnic, Nevada Union, etc. 

I usually try to stay away from this things because they usually only hurt feelings and become an abnormally absurd popularity contest, but a few omissions (as evidenced above) made my comment necessary

Damien MP, CPS, and Clovis deserve to be on there.  Literally no one else.

Aha Tambe and Wang :Bow

Also the one Bellarmine team that took third at State Champs. They ran Afro Pessimism. Compared to them, Bellarmine Pierry/Sudesh was a joke.

lmao pierry/sudesh are gods now #glowup