EyeOfSauron

The Ivy's

Is policy a viable way to get a scholarship to one of the Ivy's? Do they even give scholarships for policy? What I've googled is mostly about parly not policy.

thanks

Edit: I guess I asked this wrong, will being in policy give you a better chance at being accepted to an ivy?

Edited by EyeOfSauron

Sorry not answering your question, but similar topic. Does breaking at the TOC or winning it give you any scholarship options?

• Upvote 2

Is policy a viable way to get a scholarship to one of the Ivy's? Do they even give scholarships for policy? What I've googled is mostly about parly not policy.

thanks

Edit: I guess I asked this wrong, will being in policy give you a better chance at being accepted to an ivy?

If you're good enough, harvard might recruit you? Harvard and Darthmouth are the only ivies that have policy debate.

I mean debate is a great extra curricular that will show that you're engaged with the world, so in that sense, yeah it'll increase your chances. 

thanks

To answer the edited question, yes in the same sense that any extracurricular will help you, but no more than any other (or more than any other speech or debate event), and not in the sense that you would be "recruited" for it. A national championship level title will help a lot, but in the same way that a national championship title would in any other extracurricular. This is from my experience as a Princeton alum.

• Upvote 1