jenxtang

K O/V help

I originally put a list of links/impacts in all of my k overviews but a judge told me to put that on the line by line which is why i switched to a long paragraph explanation thing but I'm not really sure if that's the best structure. What's the best way to structure a k overview?

I originally put a list of links/impacts in all of my k overviews but a judge told me to put that on the line by line which is why i switched to a long paragraph explanation thing but I'm not really sure if that's the best structure. What's the best way to structure a k overview?

I guess I would just put extensions of the 1NC cards with an explanation of each and how it applies, plus explain the thesis of the K.

The best K overview is no K overview. 

I guess I would just put extensions of the 1NC cards with an explanation of each and how it applies, plus explain the thesis of the K.

Extensions of the 1NC cards should be made when appropriate. There's no reason to do the link extension twice, and similar for the impact and alt debate.

As for the thesis of the K stuff, if you're packaging the K properly you shouldn't do it in the overview. Each link should be bundled with a contextualization of the impact and the alternative as a sort of mini-K, which means those explanations should also be contextual to the specific arguments.

• Upvote 2

Most of the long k overview stuff in 2NCs can usually just be done on the line by line tbh. You shouldn't really need much of an overview; I think your judge was giving you good advice