Brev

Bernie has raised a LOT of mullah in February

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/29/bernie-sanders-raises-38-million-february/81117908/

"He started his last-minute fundraising drive Monday morning, having already collected $36 million.  By 7:58 p.m. Monday night, he had raised $40.7 million — meaning donors had showered him with more than $4 million in a single day."

He has a chance!

Not when super tuesday comes up! black voters are gonna wreck him!

No. You are way off. To quote Dr. Fox On Socks, "He was arrested protesting segregation and was part of the March on Washington. Now he's advocating for wealth-equalizing policies that (whether they are net beneficial to the whole country or not) are calculated to raise the standard of living for the poorest tranche of Americans (who are overwhelmingly black and Latino). On top of that, he's advocating for wholesale changes to the way politics is done in the country to reduce the power of rich (mostly) white men." He also openly supports #blacklivesmatter.

If he doesn't have blacks' support, then that's hard to believe.

Edited by Leffen

No. You are way off. To quote Dr. Fox On Socks, "He was arrested protesting segregation and was part of the March on Washington. Now he's advocating for wealth-equalizing policies that (whether they are net beneficial to the whole country or not) are calculated to raise the standard of living for the poorest tranche of Americans (who are overwhelmingly black and Latino). On top of that, he's advocating for wholesale changes to the way politics is done in the country to reduce the power of rich (mostly) white men." He also openly supports #blacklivesmatter.

If he doesn't have blacks' support, then that's hard to believe.

Well, to be fair, all of those things are true AND YET he still trails Clinton in polling among non-whites. Whether blacks (or any other group) should vote for him is a very different question than whether they will vote for him.

Edit: This is not to say that such a vote is irrational either. For example, even if you align 100% with Bernie, if you have serious doubts about his ability to win in the general election, then our system strongly encourages you to consider voting for the candidate you most closely align with who you don't have those doubts about (the "lesser of two evils" in that you'd still prefer them to any nominee from the other major party). Elections are weird.

Edited by Dr. Fox On Socks
  • Upvote 3

Too bad that the amount of money he's gained from citizens doesn't turn into primary wins.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I find this whole thing about how black votes are basically one candidates property (or "firewall") uncomfortable.

Edited by Miro

I find this whole thing about how black votes are basically one candidates property (or "firewall") uncomfortable.

Understandable,

we can't say that black people should vote for this candidate because they are of the black community, they should individually vote for whichever candidate matches their political views. But if we are talking about which candidate solves best for the racial divide, I would assume that would be in the black voters interest.

Hell, I'm white and I think that's one of the most important issues.

I agree.  The democrats have been treating the black vote like that for a long time now, though.  Which is why its no surprise black voters have little actual input into politics (even under Obama!) - they're not the ones that need to be wooed, because Democrats are confident they aren't about to up and vote Republican.  So Democrats woo other groups instead and treat black voters with contempt while expecting their votes.

Lesson: if you want politicians to actually do things for you, you have to be willing to vote for the other side when they don't.

I agree.  The democrats have been treating the black vote like that for a long time now, though.  Which is why its no surprise black voters have little actual input into politics (even under Obama!) - they're not the ones that need to be wooed, because Democrats are confident they aren't about to up and vote Republican.  So Democrats woo other groups instead and treat black voters with contempt while expecting their votes.

Lesson: if you want politicians to actually do things for you, you have to be willing to vote for the other side when they don't.

When your choices for the other side are trump or cruz I think that's a bit out of the question. 

"Would I rather have a turd, or shit on a sandwhich?" 

When your choices for the other side are trump or cruz I think that's a bit out of the question. 

"Would I rather have a turd, or shit on a sandwhich?" 

Rubio was still in the election last i looked.  And it isn't just this election.  (To a large degree the republican primary results and even candidates themselves this election are contingent facts based on this electorate). It's 50 years of elections.  

Rubio was still in the election last i looked.  And it isn't just this election.  (To a large degree the republican primary results and even candidates themselves this election are contingent facts based on this electorate). It's 50 years of elections.

Let's see how long that lasts after florida...

edit: my predictions are on point

Edited by Miro
  • Upvote 1

Rubio is out. It's definitely going to be a d trump and h clinton election. H clinton is gonna win and make history as america's first woman president.