Jason73

Does anyone have any good troll affs?

Does anyone have any really good troll affirmatives?

I don't mean something like poetry, I mean something like the Illuminati aff (if anyone has that I'd love to see it).

Trolling isn't funny. Standing up and reading a lizards k or timecube is a waste of the judge's time, your opponent's time, and your partner's time.

I think that it would be much more meaningful to cede the round to the opponents and talk about how we can really solve the issues that they talk about (in my district, there is a lot of antiblackness and islamophobia). You'll lose anyways, why not just concede and try to make meaning?

Edited by Dalotri
  • Upvote 2

Trolling isn't funny. Standing up and reading a lizards k or timecube is a waste of the judge's time, your opponent's time, and your partner's time.

I think that it would be much more meaningful to cede the round to the opponents and talk about how we can really solve the issues that they talk about (in my district, there is a lot of antiblackness and islamophobia). You'll lose anyways, why not just concede and try to make meaning?

Because some people want to watch the world burn. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have any really good troll affirmatives?

I don't mean something like poetry, I mean something like the Illuminati aff (if anyone has that I'd love to see it).

Poetry is not a "troll", it is a legitimate argument, and discounting it as such is kinda messed up considering it's one of the main ways people express their personal experiences and operate within debate. There are a lot of very, very good debaters who read poetry. 

• Upvote 4

Poetry is not a "troll", it is a legitimate argument, and discounting it as such is kinda messed up considering it's one of the main ways people express their personal experiences and operate within debate. There are a lot of very, very good debaters who read poetry. 

Exactly. I don't think it is a troll argument. I am just saying some people think it is.

• Upvote 1

Because some people want to watch the world BERN. 

late but you were So close to a perfect pun

• Upvote 2