QueenDebater

Framework for a racism advantage based on border drones?

I'm a novice debater who's trying to prep for districts and I'm in desperate need of making a framework argument for a racism advantage based on border drones. please help me! all help is welcome due to the fact that I barely run framework so it'd be nice and stuff, thank you!

I'm a novice debater who's trying to prep for districts and I'm in desperate need of making a framework argument for a racism advantage based on border drones. please help me! all help is welcome due to the fact that I barely run framework so it'd be nice and stuff, thank you!

you mean like structural violence framing?

4 of your main args should be 

Prioritize structural violence- it is happening in the status quo, err on the side of probability rather than ridiculous war scenarios. 

Util is a bad alternative framing- it justifies worse atrocities and allows for status quo forms of violence to go unchecked

Even if the aff is bad in the end, don't hold us responsible for X bc that's like holding activists responsible for racist/violent peoples' reactions. 

State good/key in this instance (to argue against Ks) 

• Upvote 1

Cuomo, 96 [Chris Cuomo 1996 - Professor of Philosophy and Women's Studies, and Director of the Institute for Women's Studies at the Univerity of Georgia – 1996 “War Is Not Just an Event: Reflections on the Significance of Everyday Violence” Published in Hypatia 11.4 nb, pp. 30-46 (https://www.academia.edu/476274/War_is_not_just_an_event_Reflections_on_the_significance_of_everyday_violence)]  

Cut the conclusion of this article, it talks about how structural violence needs to come first, and only listening to militarism (war, etc) ignores the violence that happens every day. Turns back the war claims, and you can use this for great impact calc. I read this in my aff every round this year, and, (in my circuit at least), not a lot of people challenge the FW, so it will win you rounds.

• Upvote 1

Left impacts with a framing advantage can get you some great cx opportunities talking about how big stick DA impacts (nuke war, heg, etc.) shouldn't be prioritized and trying to outweigh racism with them is wrong and the exact reason we put racism on the back burner and don't consider it when we make policy's. If we weren't constantly worrying about big impacts like extinction and focusing more on race in the aftermath of 9/11 the surveillance state probably wouldn't be nearly so racist and islamaphobic.

• Upvote 1