desidude124

Drug Dogs Negative plz

T - It's. These are local/state police officer dogs, not belonging to a Federal Agency as far as it seems. Thus it is not the United States Federal Government's surveillance. The USFG is just the actor. 

If they claim you must prove abuse:

1) You lost access to state/local CP's

2) its not all about the single round, its about what they justify

This aff just doesn't seem very T.

Edit:

Also, if they claim that all the dogs are used by federal agencies, and that's what they stop, then the state/local thing becomes a huge solvency deficit to the aff- bc majority (if not all) of these dogs are used by those state/locals.

Edited by EthanDB8
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Agreed that t - its would be a good one to add, I did put together t - surveillance (dogs seem like more of a search than surveillance) and t - curtail (reduce vs. restrict). Additionally, a reg neg cp that's on OpenEv, I cut a drug dogs solvency card.

Edit: On the T standards for surveillance, if you run this, you should probably fix "sweeping collection of U.S. citizens." (It's supposed to be data).

1NC Drug Dogs.docx

Edited by Rnivium

T - It's. These are local/state police officer dogs, not belonging to a Federal Agency as far as it seems. Thus it is not the United States Federal Government's surveillance. The USFG is just the actor. 

If they claim you must prove abuse:

1) You lost access to state/local CP's

2) its not all about the single round, its about what they justify

This aff just doesn't seem very T.

Edit:

Also, if they claim that all the dogs are used by federal agencies, and that's what they stop, then the state/local thing becomes a huge solvency deficit to the aff- bc majority (if not all) of these dogs are used by those state/locals.

I've encountered a similar aff it uses courts to repeal a  supreme court case to spill over to states and local and it has an anthro adv. saying dogs are mistreated and miserable and being abused and often are euthanzied when their career is over.

• Upvote 1

HAHAHAHA top kek I run this aff (I'm not that team though)

If they're smart they'll have prepped all of those a shit ton because those are the most obvious args. 

Also - their plan text fails because dogs themselves currently are legally recognized as probable cause, so if they even smell something suspicious and bark, anything can happen.

These are crappy advantages as well.

I do like the reg neg counterplan, it's pretty strong - but I would also run a net benefit to it that isn't just federalism (idk if there is one)

do a 4th amendment cp as well, i can hook you up with solvency if needed

curtail t is strong here because they have a crappy plan

Overall - you shouldn't have too much trouble with this aff because of the poor structure, but a strong dogs aff is something to watch out for ;)

Edit: yeah they're very states untopical as well...

Edited by AltsNeverSolve
  • Upvote 2

HAHAHAHA top kek I run this aff (I'm not that team though)

If they're smart they'll have prepped all of those a shit ton because those are the most obvious args. 

Also - their plan text fails because dogs themselves currently are legally recognized as probable cause, so if they even smell something suspicious and bark, anything can happen.

These are crappy advantages as well.

I do like the reg neg counterplan, it's pretty strong - but I would also run a net benefit to it that isn't just federalism (idk if there is one)

do a 4th amendment cp as well, i can hook you up with solvency if needed

curtail t is strong here because they have a crappy plan

Overall - you shouldn't have too much trouble with this aff because of the poor structure, but a strong dogs aff is something to watch out for ;)

Edit: yeah they're very states untopical as well...

Reg neg has NBs like warming or politics or what have you on OpenEv. I just picked one because I was making a sample 1NC.

The district OP is from is super duper lay (and most coaches just intervene on everything, and never vote on T) so CPs/T probably aren't the strats OP is looking for. (Y'all are definitely right about this aff just plain not being topical though).

Source: I'm from OP's district.

• Upvote 3

Yea, T-Its is the way to go. I've also heard T-Surveillance. The judge I debated this in front of believed T - Substantial. You can :BB them with a states cp too

• Upvote 1

Just saying the first advantage has no connection between rash decision making on the executive and that being dehumanizing killing our liberties 

two this probably gonna get you a great war power link

this second advantage im gonna just say get some utiltarian card and use like a crime DA or something that police effective

I heard all the cool kids who really want to show this aff run the drug bison CP with net benefit biodiversity--> since bison are keystone species and then you outweigh impacts with extinction. 

Also T-substantial in a round i was in won me the round 3-0 with 2 lay and a coach

Also this andrew kid is from Wyoming and i looked up parkway south high school and its in missouri or something

Also they don't link to their advantages

If you go to google and search police brutality inevitable on the 6,7, or eight page (i don't remember) there is a really good article 

• Upvote 3

I can confirm that it really is.

Hey if y'all want better articles for your aff - look up "Mark Neocleous - The Smell of Power" and "Tyler Wall - Legal Terror and the Police Dog"

if you don't use these articles there's really no reason to run a dogs aff

also change it so you're less blatantly untopical :)

• Upvote 1

I heard all the cool kids who really want to show this aff run the drug bison CP with net benefit biodiversity--> since bison are keystone species and then you outweigh impacts with extinction. 

Also T-substantial in a round i was in won me the round 3-0 with 2 lay and a coach

Also this andrew kid is from Wyoming and i looked up parkway south high school and its in missouri or something

If you go to google and search police brutality inevitable on the 6,7, or eight page (i don't remember) there is a really good article 

lol did you make a second account or is this an impersonation

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm from Wyoming. Our school just travels a lot to Eastern Missouri because of the competition quality.

/s

Can someone please tell me about this T-Substantial round? It sounds awful.

• Upvote 1

Can someone please tell me about this T-Substantial round? It sounds awful.

The judges all voted on jurisdiction. It is the best voter, you know.

Edited by diantonion