Taehyung

Reps Kritik?

How do Reps K arguments work? I've seen things like Terror Talk, Terrorist Rhetoric, Terrorist Reps, but I've never really understood how they work.

Reps kritiks are kritiks of the affirmative's representations. Common reps k's include:
1. Apocalyptic rhetoric
2. Security kritik
3. Gendered Language
etc.
The basis of reps kritiks is that the 1AC is presented in "X" manner(or "X" is said) and that is bad, because "X". This rhetoric is always framed as apriori and these kritiks often make good PIKS. If you maybe specified which rhetoric kritik you were wondering about I could give you(or someone else could) give you a better explanation.

Reps kritiks are kritiks of the affirmative's representations. Common reps k's include:

1. Apocalyptic rhetoric

2. Security kritik

3. Gendered Language

etc.

The basis of reps kritiks is that the 1AC is presented in "X" manner(or "X" is said) and that is bad, because "X". This rhetoric is always framed as apriori and these kritiks often make good PIKS. If you maybe specified which rhetoric kritik you were wondering about I could give you(or someone else could) give you a better explanation.

Terrorism Reps K is one I'm trying to look into right now.

they portray terrorist as muslim but they can also be other races like the kkk?

KKK confirmed to be their own race. This is news to me.

• Upvote 1

they portray terrorist as muslim but they can also be other races like the kkk?

So from my understanding, when the Aff describes terrorists, they describe them as Muslims?

KKK confirmed to be their own race. This is news to me.

i meant white people in kkk

So from my understanding, when the Aff describes terrorists, they describe them as Muslims?

yes but you have to draw out that from the cx. say what are terrorist? then say are kkk/non-white-terror-group terroist also?

• Upvote 3

There's 2 levels of reps Ks in relation to terror impacts

A) Otherization- not necessarily Muslims, but we always construct those different from the white liberal subject as being threats, that's premised in violent epistemology

B) Security- we construct threats in order to justify war for the purposes of expansion and/or exploitation of the resources of another region. For example, we justified the war in Iraq based on 9/11, but killed 500,000 civilians in Iraq- this proves the contradictory nature of responses to "terror threats".