PhantomAlterEgo

Answer to the Perm Double-Bind

Im assuming youre talking about the "Perm do the aff then the alt, and if the alt solvency is strong enough then it will resolve the issues created by the aff."

There is no unified answer to the Perm double bind, bc every k will interact with it differently. but here are just a few.

1) If the links are true then you cause X harm, not just perpetuate it.

2) Saying "do the alt later" is nothing but a perpetuation of the status quo and keeps a static notion of power.

3) (if prefiat link) I dont kritik the ac methodology, epistomology, or ontology, i kritik your ____discourse, reps, etc_____

4) Links DAs to perm. 

• Upvote 1

If "Perm: Do the aff then the alt"

It's also an intrinsic perm, in a way. Delaying the alternative kills any true competition between the alt and the aff. This means that the two obviously are mutually exclusive, if the aff has to go to the extent of delaying the alternative, they can't exist together in the same policy making scenario. This is just an idea, I'm sure someone can spin it into something.

If "Every other instance"

You need to win that every instance is key, otherwise the impacts still happen. For example, I wrote a Courts K of biopower, it went something like this: Aff uses courts, those exacerbate biopower, biopower is bad, and the alt is a different court system. This is all from Foucault, btw. However, Foucault writes that this court system must be rejected in every instance, otherwise the court system we have now will take back over. In context of cap, cap must be rejected always, or it comes back. Either win that every instance is key, or that the affirmative specifically is key, ie, "To get rid of cap, we can not {insert plan}", or something of that sort, and have a card with warrants to back it up.

I honestly think one amazing internal link is the answer. You have to prove that the Aff is the tipping point, and only it is significant enough to trigger the impacts, while saying that the instances that go on in the SQ are insufficient, or that they've built up to the tipping point, and the Aff is just what pushes it over the edge. It's more than just saying that the Aff is moving in the direction of the K, but that it is the last singular the threshold can take. 

That or you probably need some amazing Uniqueness that says that the Aff pretty much creates the mindset or whatever you're arguing, and it establishes it in the SQ, where it presumably doesn't already exist. That said, I don't think you're going to have an easy time finding that. This would also probably force your alt to be "reject the Aff", and then you can deal with whether those sorts of alts are good or not. 

If you say every instance is key, then you have to prove the SQ doesn't already have proliferating instances, because if they do and that were true, then the impacts should have happened, and then you just end up reinforcing the double-bind. 

• Upvote 3

Put a shit ton of DA's on the perm like masking and co option so that the aff kills alt solvency

or you could go the other way and use K tricks like serial policy failure to nullify any effects of the aff pre alt. 

either of those guarantees exclusivity with that particular perm. And always get a root cause on the case, if conceded it makes the perm debate a lot easier

I don't get how this perm tests competition- it seems like the alt and the Aff are being done in separate instances. Ignoring the various theoretical and substantive objections to this perm- it tests competition just like "perm do the Aff and all non competitive parts of the alt.

Perm do both achieves the same double bind.

• Upvote 1