What's the caliber of the kids who attend? I'm thinking of going this summer, but don't know what level the kids who usually go are at. I know they have a lot of very good national teams who attend, but are those the only kids who go? I went to UTNIF LD last year and competed in LD at the beginning of the year on the TFA circuit, but started doing policy around December and have been pretty successful at it, but I'm not a TOC policy debater is what I'm trying to say. I do, though, have a lot of experience with progressive debate. My partner and I run Ks (successfully), I can spread, I have decent amount of experience researching/constructing arguments, etc.

I'll be going into my junior year, and I just want to make sure I won't feel "left out" because I'm not a TOC/nationally qualified debater.

What's the caliber of the kids who attend? I'm thinking of going this summer, but don't know what level the kids who usually go are at. I know they have a lot of very good national teams who attend, but are those the only kids who go? I went to UTNIF LD last year and competed in LD at the beginning of the year on the TFA circuit, but started doing policy around December and have been pretty successful at it, but I'm not a TOC policy debater is what I'm trying to say. I do, though, have a lot of experience with progressive debate. My partner and I run Ks (successfully), I can spread, I have decent amount of experience researching/constructing arguments, etc.

I'll be going into my junior year, and I just want to make sure I won't feel "left out" because I'm not a TOC/nationally qualified debater.

you'll be fine, very good learning environment -- had my first bid round after going to that camp. 

edit: it's very good in teaching you not only skills but also has very good lab leaders for kritiks 

Edited by CapitalismIsNotCool

The level of debaters that has gone to UTNIF has dropped significantly. A year ago the level was very high with Caddo Magnet CM, Westwood BR, and Katy Taylor AL (Alattor-Li) all going with over 6 bids all going to UTNIF, but since then the camp's level hasn't been as high. Regardless, as the post above me said, they have very good k lab leaders and will probably be a worthwile camp to go to anyways.