nikchaudhry

Nik Chaudhry (aff) vs ThomasDB8 (neg)

Umm is it me or does this 1ac have no impacts?

Yeah, all the cards seem to be leading somewhere, but there really isn't any impacts. Plus the plantext is really odd.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Working on strat against it, my school has cross x blocked, so my posts will all be after 3pm.

Edited by ThomasDB8
  • Upvote 1

What is the impact of a military state?

At what point will we see the impacts from a police state and why is NCIS reform particularly key to stopping these impacts?

How does the aff prohibit NCIS surveillance?

From what I see, the plan text just mandates that they curtail surveillance on non-military citizens, so since they are already showing that they don't care about the rules, how does the aff enforce itself within the scope of the plan text?

Is the NCIS the federal government?

Your first card says that the appeals court said the government should 'self correct', why is the aff's vague plan text not just a means of that very self correction?

How is your day?

What are the impacts to the aff?

Edited by ThomasDB8
  • Upvote 1

Let's be civil and not dislike the aff because we don't agree with its construction please. For all we know this is the first aff someone has ever made and wants to test it out. No reason to dislike the effort.

• Upvote 5

Let's be civil and not dislike the aff because we don't agree with its construction please. For all we know this is the first aff someone has ever made and wants to test it out. No reason to dislike the effort.

true, and definitely not downvote worthy. 

Follow ups:

What praxis do you use to evaluate the impacts of the 1ac? is it like util for escalation scenarios?

My day is going well.