tommy949

Little rock WW didn't break at berkeley

If you've ever been to Berkeley; most of the judges that are actually qualified and have been doing policy debate for more than 4 years are usually a minority and can be seen judging only a couple of debaters. Now for the rest of the judging pool; it consists mostly of parents, college debaters from other debate formats (for instance, an LD debater from  X college), and sometime random people. I'd say that LRC WW had the misfortune of being judged by those kind of judges; and before any of you say they should have adapted to their judges - it really doesn't matter what you say or do, these judges sometimes vote against you regardless of the arguments made in the debate (for instance, if an Aff is clearly not topical, and the neg never brings it up; the judge will still probably vote on T for no reason). 

Edit 1: Source: I've spectated multiple UC Berkeley rounds. 

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine
  • Upvote 2

If you've every been to Berkeley; most of the judges that are actually qualified and have been doing policy debate for more than 4 years are usually a minority and can be seen judging only a couple of debaters. Now for the rest of the judging pool; it consists mostly of parents, college debaters from other debate formats (for instance, an LD debater from  X college), and sometime random people. I'd say that LRC WW had the misfortune of being judged by those kind of judges; and before any of you say they should have adapted to their judges - it really doesn't matter what you say or do, these judges sometimes vote against you regardless of the arguments made in the debate (for instance, if an Aff is clearly not topical, and the neg never brings it up; the judge will still probably vote on T for no reason). 

Edit 1: Source: I've spectated multiple UC Berkeley rounds.

They may also be trying out a new argument or something. In the round robin they got a total of 0 wins and 2 ballots total.

• Upvote 1

DJ told me that they lost a round to politics (while reading an aff that doesn't defend the state/their fugitivity aff), and also lost a round to "I don't think you'll do the alt outside of the round". Idk what their third loss was, but it appears that I am now better than them since we had a better record (jk, love Payton 5ever). 

edit: he also whopped our ass at the ou rr so just know im joking y'all lol

Edited by CapitalismIsNotCool
  • Upvote 2

DJ told me that they lost a round to politics (while reading an aff that doesn't defend the state/their fugitivity aff), and also lost a round to "I don't think you'll do the alt outside of the round". Idk what their third loss was, but it appears that I am now better than them since we had a better record (jk, love Payton 5ever). 

edit: he also whopped our ass at the ou rr so just know im joking y'all lol

they did get 1st and 3rd speaks respectively

Edited by DonaldTrump
  • Upvote 1

DJ told me that they lost a round to politics (while reading an aff that doesn't defend the state/their fugitivity aff)

one of the best elections DA link/ I/L chain i've ever heard lol