AmAsKh

More Effective Framework

Hi All,

I was just at a debate tournament, and one thing that I learned when I was facing kritiks on aff was that my team's framework is very generic and easy to beat.

Here is an outline of how it goes:

A. Interpretation is that other team should read policy

B. Reasons to Prefer

i. Fairness

ii. Education

C. We fiat the plan and that's a god thing. Focus on political decision making...

Are there any ways that we can improve our framework so that it is more difficult to respond to (preferably the reasons to prefer part)? Also, in jv or varsity rounds, how would you conduct a framework round (considering that every kritik team has a large response to framework)? Any tips?

Thanks,

AmAsKh

Hi All,

I was just at a debate tournament, and one thing that I learned when I was facing kritiks on aff was that my team's framework is very generic and easy to beat.

B. Reasons to Prefer

i. Fairness

ii. Education

C. We fiat the plan and that's a god thing. Focus on political decision making...

Are there any ways that we can improve our framework so that it is more difficult to respond to (preferably the reasons to prefer part)? Also, in jv or varsity rounds, how would you conduct a framework round (considering that every kritik team has a large response to framework)? Any tips?

Thanks,

AmAsKh

Might not want to claim that your power to fiat comes from god. 

Edited by Da4days
  • Upvote 1

Hi All,

B. Reasons to Prefer

i. Fairness

ii. Education

Thanks,

AmAsKh

Your interp is incredibly ambiguous and gives a lot of lee way for negs to be come up with iffy we meet statements.  A better interp would be like "Interp--we should get to weigh the aff against a competitive institutional option" so as to avoid those kind of debates. 

Furthermore, you should give warrants to your standards. As of right now, I don't know what fairness/ground you lose as a result of them running this K, and I don't know what education you lose, or even why the education that you lose should be prioritized over their critical education. You should definitely warrant out why institutional decision-making is good, and maybe even read a card for your long framework shell. 

2AC, all you really need is: "Interpretation: Weigh the impacts of the aff against the impacts of the K to prevent mooting of the 1AC"

1AR if they go for 'reps first' or whatever

Not letting us weigh our impacts against the K is bad

- Time and strat skew

- Aff flex

- Infinitely regressive

You need to fill in the warrants for the 1AR, so take some time and think about why it's bad when you don't get your aff. You'll be more persuasive at theory when you write your own blocks (or better, don't need blocks).