was curious: saw this d.a. floating around the wiki and had heard 'bout it a bit, but had never really searched for the actual full text of the cards til now

for example, the generic link ev - moens 15 - on gbn's wiki:

http://hspolicy.debatecoaches.org/Glenbrook+North/Trufanov-Jacobs+Neg

that, their other link ev, and some google searches seem to indicate that foreign surveillance - or at least the usgov surveilling other foreign nations to circumvent specific domestic restrictions - is what comprises the five eyes intel sharing. if that is the case, i don't quite understand why restrictions on domestic surveillance would restrict foreign-intel capabilities (unless the link is predicated off curtailing int'l communications involving u.s. persons)

and i missing something? im sure i am, cuz gbn's op and i don't normally do the policy side of things

I cut and ran this DA in several tournaments. You aren't understanding the story of it.

Five Eyes countries contribute data from their own country to the other countries in the alliance.

The link is generic and says that all data is needed to maintain 5 eyes alliance.

I would then internally link alliances to heg, and heg to whatever because heg links to every impact ever.

Edit:

Looking at the tags, it is exactly how I ran it(except they don't use int. link)

Edited by EyeOfSauron

Fives Eyes is basically another super generic info collection deficit DA. The way that gbn runs it is an internal link to Cyberattacks (Five eyes k2 cybersecurity) then a terminal impact of Cyberattacks escalating to Nuke War. But what EyeOfSauron says is right about the links, the link that most people will use is that sharing between 5 countries is key to maintaining the Fives Eyes Alliance, and if the US should curtail the amount of information it gets, then it collapses the Alliance. 

We have read this a lot, it isn't great.  The generic links gives it pretty bad uniqueness, because the cards would say that other surveillance reform would have triggered (USA freedom act).  If you hit it, here is a good card along those lines:

http://natocouncil.ca/inside-the-global-signals-intelligence-apparatus-an-overview-of-the-five-eyes-alliance/