osahoniyamu

Necropolitics File?

its Membe's extension of Agamben's Homo Sacer 

Mbembe is more of a criticism of these notions of power, he begins his essay admiring foucault then criticizing the way he deploys power as being the control of life and extends the notion that power is the control of death. (hence the distinction between necro and bio politics). Agamben is pretty much the Great Value Foucault with glitter thrown on for pizzazz. 

Necropolitics is a higher theory, more Deleuzian, structural criticism of the way power operates under the guise of liberal democracy so as to remain legitimate. Most of your authors are in the area of Postcoloniality, Deleuze, and Anthropology. 

• Upvote 1

isnt necro like a wilderson or like an agamben?

claiming that it is a wilderson argument is a common misconception (aside from the fact that antiblackness doesn't necessarily mean wilderson) as antiblackness is probably one aspect of necropolitics, or the sovereign right to kill. a couple of good teams, namely Little Rock Central WW, read it reversely claiming that necropolitics is made possible via the fungibility of the slave, which their evidence supports, but the most common deployment, and Mbembe's interpretation in the article he wrote in 2003 is simply about violence and the postcolony.  

How do u post a new topic?

Go to the forums page and go to the category you want to start a new thread on. On the top right it should say start a new topic

• Upvote 3

How do u post a new topic?

Go to the forums page and go to the category you want to start a new thread on. On the top right it should say start a new topic

For anyone who wants a file, I have one, and I have an OK understanding of the K. It's for neg, and I'm willing to trade, just private message me and we'll work something out.

For anyone who wants a file, I have one, and I have an OK understanding of the K. It's for neg, and I'm willing to trade, just private message me and we'll work something out.

I can trade you some security stuff for it.