ZakAli

Satirical affs

Hey guys so my next tournament I have to go maverick so do you guys got any ideas or files for some funny affs I could run because I'm trying to have fun in my rounds.anything helps

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hey guys so my next tournament I have to go maverick so do you guys got any ideas or files for some funny affs I could run because I'm trying to have fun in my rounds.anything helps

I mean, it's not satirical (well, I guess depending on who you ask) but it's always fun to go all out defending heg. As over the top as possible. Impact turn every K, critique DA's for besmirching America, etc. 

Run something crazy like a psychoanalysis k, or like silly theory arguments

The word "crazy" is ableist, you must apologize immediately.

• Upvote 3

Blow up russia CP-  as a idk a satire Advantage CP?

edit: this is a real thing btw- like lol but it's something yahoo questions and a free half hour get you 

Edited by JaredCroitoru

you got a link to the file?

Nah, I think you could just run a space elevator aff with some editing as a CP. I don't have an aff file but I'm sure someone on here could help you out. 

or maybe don't, try and win with regular args so you don't waste your team's time, money and resources in bringing you to a tournament? And/or not have judges dislike you forever?

Edited by Firewater
  • Upvote 3

real talk, I ran satire maverick last tournament and went 3-3.  the way I do it is a satirical approach to a traditional policy aff like bulk data or something, that says that following the resolution will result in the USofA being laid to waste by the russians or the chinese or terrorists, and I make sure to include extinction as the impact.  then i read a bunch of baudrillard and related evidence that basically says that the political is dead 'af, and debate is a form of theater and that constructing these threats is probably bad.  I basically say that imagining the state getting lit up is the best way to disengage from our pursuit of "perfect politics" and that stirring the ideological pot is good.  make sure u have perm blocks, and maybe a good response to ableism.. (i havent had it run on me yet, but theres definitely a link).

Story of the Eye. Every day. Write a specific 1NC for every aff where you transgress and sacrifice then, and then write an aff about eye of the security state. Then put that eye inside of your ass as you piss in remembrance of your old lover who killed herself from the perversion you brought to her. Then jack off a priest as you kill him.

• Upvote 1

Story of the Eye. Every day. Write a specific 1NC for every aff where you transgress and sacrifice then, and then write an aff about eye of the security state. Then put that eye inside of your ass as you piss in remembrance of your old lover who killed herself from the perversion you brought to her. Then jack off a priest as you kill him.

Wait what?

Wait what?

gotta love that good ole' Bataille

A-Z spec 

A spec: AFF must specify their actor

b spec: AFF must specify their favorite type of bread 

c spec: AFF must specify favorite type of candy:

d spec: AFF must specify the dankest meme in there 1AC

and so on.