NativeWarlock

HERITAGE HALL

lol I debate there so I'm helping run the tourney xD

Edit:

- great food for judges (The Indian food was chosen by me bc I'm Indian so you know it's good)

- great food for debaters -- multiple food trucks to choose from :)

- also a super competetive bid tourney with lots of high level competition 

- but how about dat food doe 

Come to the HH tourney next year.

Advertisement over. 

Edited by CapitalismIsNotCool

lol I debate there so I'm helping run the tourney xD

Edit:

- great food for judges (The Indian food was chosen by me bc I'm Indian so you know it's good)

- great food for debaters -- multiple food trucks to choose from :)

- also a super competetive bid tourney with lots of high level competition 

- but how about dat food doe 

Come to the HH tourney next year.

Advertisement over.

I hear there's only like 40 teams tho, last year was like 100

I hear there's only like 40 teams tho, last year was like 100

less than a 100 last year obviously, lol

Teams have dropped for so many reasons- high competition, school members being absent causing whole teams to drop, grades (yikes, high level team dropped out for this reason), and sickness since it's hosted in January. 

Although if you ask people that have gone there in the  past, they'll tell ya that the tournament is pretty well run and the food is typically great (from what I've heard of people's experiences). 

less than a 100 last year obviously, lol

Teams have dropped for so many reasons- high competition, school members being absent causing whole teams to drop, grades (yikes, high level team dropped out for this reason), and sickness since it's hosted in January. 

Although if you ask people that have gone there in the  past, they'll tell ya that the tournament is pretty well run and the food is typically great (from what I've heard of people's experiences). 

Accurate. I went last year in novice and loved it. In fact, I think you judged me, lol. 

• Upvote 1

That food tho 10/10

Being on both sides of the tournament (debated and judged) I can honestly say best tournament. 

• Upvote 2

Don't let the size of the tournament fool you. This is one of the best tournaments. It's well run, actually stays on time, and has a top notch judge pool that draws from college programs like OU, UCO, and others in the region. It's the easiest mutual judging pref sheet we fill out every year. There's always at least one highly regarded national team competing (CE Byrd and Cedar Ridge 2 years ago, Caddo and Jenks last year, Little Rock this year). For the past three years, we've driven six hours from Austin each way, bringing nearly our entire squad, and the reason is because this is a great tournament. The food ain't bad either.

• Upvote 2