Hey Cross-X. I am needing help writing my first K Aff for NFA LD. I have a working draft, but am in need of a advocacy statement and "solvency". I was thinking maybe discourse or something, but I am really not too sure at the moment. Any guidance or general direction is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*The resolution is at the top of the document that is attached.

Colonialism 1AC.docx

The National Forensics Association Lincoln-Douglass (College LD) Debate topic:

The United States Federal Government should substantially increase restrictions on bioprospecting.

Idk much about LD, but i'm all about decol AFFs. With regards to the Aff, i think it shouldn't be exactly "critical"- I think you should claim that it's topical, cause I mean it can acieve offense from affirming the resolution. There's not a huge reason to criticize the topic cause it seems to permit the methodology of the 1ac by affirming the topic, am I wrong?

Seems like indigenous eradication impacts would be the most critical thing neccessary to get your offense.

As for framing the important of your case, that depends on your experience with non-util Mpx. If you can defend genocide as the first priority in an offensive manner, then you should br golden.

Edited by NativeWarlock

HMMMMM just  saying bioprospecting gets you an intresting anthro = oceans aff and center your AC around the negative aspects of bioprospecting 

but your solvency needs to be like a case in the courts that got the permission for the gov to do things 

What about epistemic disobedience that is advocated for by Mignolo as a solvency mech? That is what I have been leaning towards in my research. And Native, how would you go about framing that? And would that be in the 1AC or the 1AR (the second speech)?

What about epistemic disobedience that is advocated for by Mignolo as a solvency mech? That is what I have been leaning towards in my research. And Native, how would you go about framing that? And would that be in the 1AC or the 1AR (the second speech)?

I mean the 1ac isn't really disobedience toward the topic at hand. Solvency wud just be bioprispecting bad, no more prospecting in the 1ac

I agree with Jared the aff is either

-burn shit down, white society root of colonialism, no more

-or just be pseudo-business as usual, claim critical offense from your implementation and solvency, but no other deviations

Thats just my opinion

Thanks for all the help offered. I will post a new 1AC once I have incorporated the advice given just to be sure I understood correctly.

BTW Jared and Native, what the benefits to either option offered? What would I need to do to take the Aff in either direction? Thanks for being patient.

Either be a courts aff and just be like yo this court should be overturned  or straight up just burn down what does the bioprospecting fuck the laws in place and just disobey them . 

I thought the point of epistemic disobedience was to break away from the mindset of coloniality and embrace a type of genealogy approach?

I thought the point of epistemic disobedience was to break away from the mindset of coloniality and embrace a type of genealogy approach?

That's actual disobedience whereas a non-K approach would be like overturning the court.

To accomplish the legal based approach you just need solvency as usual which shouldn't be hard.

Epistemic disobedience would demand alt type shit (ie Wilderson: deconstruct civil society that creates the settler-savage distinction) without engaging the state

I mean either or.

If you can pull off the K approach well, that should be your go to strat.

If you're more policy-oriented, then go for the other.

All depends on you